Best sounding exhaust for LB7

Layton

Dec 1, 2016
Hey guys i was wondering what you think the best sounding exhaust for an lb7 is? been eyeing the 5" by diamond eye. and also, turbo back or no? downpipe,, etc., everything else i would need to know, somewhat of a beginner. just wanting to hear turbo at idle and takeoff but also hear the engine a little. Not a complete noob, had this truck since 03, just now looking into modifying thoough and figured i would see if i could get some assistance.
Thanks

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Flopro 5" with muffler. Get aluminized not stainless. You should probably go ahead and do the down pipe as well so start soaking those bolts in kroil oil now... Lol...

Layton

Dec 1, 2016
Flopro 5" with muffler. Get aluminized not stainless. You should probably go ahead and do the down pipe as well so start soaking those bolts in kroil oil now... Lol...

haha true. Also, why muffler? out where i live we have no emissions so we have no problems with no cat/muffler. does muffler give a better sound? or did u say that because of emissions?
thanks.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Mine was BAD drone with straight 5".

That was lml though just noticed you said lb7

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
The pound7's are some noisy bitches with a straight pipe. I think you get a better, cleaner sound with a muffler.

And to add to kiwi's post, my '13's drone was god-awful.

ChrisPerry

Apr 4, 2016
Ventura, CA
I have 5" Magnaflow. Was straight piped, terrible drone and had a very raspy bark on top end. Added a rolled exhaust tip and it helped some of the raspyness. Added a mbrp muffler that a buddy had and now it sounds perfect.

matt2778

Jun 9, 2014
I have MBRP 4inch down pipe back with muffler. Does it sound the best? I don't know. Does it drone? Nope. I recently added MBRP down pipe and noticed a little drone at highway speed after though

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Ran a mbrp turbo down pipe and mbrp straight 4 inch no muffler. No drone, but definitely loud......sounded awesome. I think the turbo down pipe is the key, but its extra money and time consuming to install.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
5" with muffler on my LB7. no drone deeper tone

unfortunately i don't think there is any exhaust that will let you here a stock turbo LB7