Best PreBuilt Transmission Brands

BradMax00

Dec 6, 2020
Hello guys, I have a 2006 LBZ Drama and the stock trans is starting to slip some so I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a built transmission. I would like a prebuilt one (have a completed one shipping to me and send my core back). What Brands do you recommend, what would be the best torque converter to choose to go along with the transmission, what all do I need billet? I would like to stay around $4500-5500 price range, If there are some cheaper option I am fine with that too:) but do want this one to last.

It is a daily driver but I do like to have fun with it!

Here is a list of what is done.
Danville Tunes (max one is 120hp) I may get bigger tunes if I have a built trans but not sure
Danville 65mm Turbo
S&B CAI
Airdog 165
4" exhaust
3" downpipe

The most I would do on top of this is maybe 15-30% injectors years down the road

BradMax00

Dec 6, 2020
Here are a few of the Brands I was looking at but am open to others!

-WCFab
-Dans Diesel Performace
-DirtyHookerDiesel
-ATS
-Inglewood
-SDP
-etc...

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Inglewood is pretty hard to beat and they're a site sponsor here. I also have customers with SDP and DHD transmissions that have not had any issues.

I would stay away from ATS, they are pretty terrible in terms of pre-built units.

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
2nd the Inglewood trans. I had mine built over there, November 2021 and have no complaints. I have similar mods as you. Obviously, I have a different truck, but it was 5300 for an LML at that time.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Inglewood by far. site sponsor, chimes in often to help others with transmission issues regardless of wether it is built or not, wether it was built by them or someone else. actually answers the phone when you call. gives excellent support for self install kits. and much more

plus I have got two built buy them and zero issues

Reactions: dndj

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Inglewood by far number one choice. I'd stay away from ATS. Something else that would be considered is proximity to your builder. Shipping a trans is kind of a pain in the butt (know that from experience). I hear SDP and DHD build a solid trans as well.

BradMax00

Dec 6, 2020
Thanks for all the input guys, I did give inglewood a call and they seem to have a great setup and customer service. I may check into DHD but think I am most likly gonna go with the Inglewood Juggernaut Jr

Reactions: Bdsankey

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Call Inglewood. He may have some pre built ready to ship, or he may be able to tell you whom he is building for. Many years ago, he was building for someone else in the little spare time they had.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I'm not if Inglewood has been recommended. That's who I would go with if I had to rebuild my Inglewood transmission again.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
Why? Cause I am thinking I might need a rebuild and deciding between goerend and suncoast

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Why? Cause I am thinking I might need a rebuild and deciding between goerend and suncoast
Well Goerend doesn’t rebuild transmissions, they produce components and sell overhaul kits (they’re the kits my shop sells and uses in all our builds plus some new parts not in the Goerend kit).

SunCoast imo isn’t the company they used to be. Their pricing isn’t great on prebuilt units, their warranty can be iffy, and I feel that their converters (aside from a few models) don’t drive as nice as Goerend converters in terms of coupling and response.

SunCoast kits are pretty decent but there are better kits out there like the ones from Goerend and Limitless/Inglewood.

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
I aM leaning towards goerend but I was debating cause I need to see how much a shop charges to rebuild it, I have never rebuilt a Trans so idk if I even want to tackle it. Suncoast is $5000 for a built unit which isn't bad but I can get it without a converter and put a goerend converter instead but i am open just thought suncoast cause i see alot of good reviews but maybe they changed idk. Goerend is 3800 for a kit but if a shop is gonna charge me 3k to rebuild it I'll get a pre built unit, I can pull the Trans myself to save money.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I aM leaning towards goerend but I was debating cause I need to see how much a shop charges to rebuild it, I have never rebuilt a Trans so idk if I even want to tackle it. Suncoast is $5000 for a built unit which isn't bad but I can get it without a converter and put a goerend converter instead but i am open just thought suncoast cause i see alot of good reviews but maybe they changed idk. Goerend is 3800 for a kit but if a shop is gonna charge me 3k to rebuild it I'll get a pre built unit, I can pull the Trans myself to save money.
Where in the country are you located?