Best motor for pulling

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Duramax all the way buddy. I havent seen a 2wd cummins do what my truck can do. Also u will not have to worry about building the motor for that short time

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
the standard: rods and head studs to start, then pistons, cam, and heads if you want to go further into it.

Turbo and number of Cp3's is going to be determined by your local rules. Most have a 2.6" 2.8" or 3.0" classes. Very good turbos can be found to fit within the classes you want to compete in. Some places won't let you run dual Cp3's in the 2.6" class, some will.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The 6.0 Ford is the best.

It will puke coolant all the way down the track, and everyone who follows you will be mud bogging.

But that only works if you are first truck out.

05DMAX1520

Jun 20, 2008
Yea my grandfather past away a few years ago and my grandmother is giving it to me i believe it is between a 96 and 98 and i want to make it into a full out pulling truck. It is 4x4 long bed extended cab.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
I have seen all the duramax motors make good pulling trucks but if you are on a budget a 2001-2004.5 lb7 would be your best bet :coal:

05DMAX1520

Jun 20, 2008
this is going to be a project for a while so i want to have the best of the best and there is no set limit i am going to build it as the money is there. so any input is a thanks

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
this is going to be a project for a while so i want to have the best of the best and there is no set limit i am going to build it as the money is there. so any input is a thanks

you will want to sell that 6.5.

Pick up a duramax with an LBZ on ebay. FInd a wrecked one or salvaged title - cheaper....

pick up efi live

send the trans to mike l @ inglewood transmission

then go to town.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008

Pick up a duramax with an LBZ on ebay. FInd a wrecked one or salvaged title - cheaper....

pick up efi live

then go to town.

Stew is right on the money. If theres no money limit then talk to someone like Brayden at Fleece Performance or BMS about getting a motor built for it.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY

pick up efi live

then go to town.

:yup: the lbz is the best pulling motor if you dont mind spending the cash:chevy:

05DMAX1520

Jun 20, 2008
i am on the east coast delaware area you have any pics and what you have done and where are you located