Best Bourbon or Whiskey

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
My how times change over the course of 1.5yrs. I now make it a point to keep a bottle of Weller at all times. At this time, its absolutely my favorite. Its hard to find around here though because everyone else likes it but it only comes out in limited batches apparently. In fact, over the last year I've only found it once. And that was just by asking if they had any hidden anywhere and the guy went in the back and dug some out of a fresh shipment from that day. Every other time and place I was a day late and dollar short - sold out. A lot of the managers and workers will stash it for themselves or their buddies so it never even hits the shelf when a shipment comes in. :rolleyes:

When I can't find Weller or don't want to drink myself out of it, next favorite is probably Woodford Reserve or Angels Envy. AE is a good bit more expensive so I stick to Woodford. Its whiskey, but I do like Crown Royal & Seagrams 7 too. Makers 46 is good too.

I've tried Bulleitt Bourbon and wasn't that big of a fan. Admittedly, I don't like strong flavored bourbons. And 99% of the time I mix with a diet dew anyway. :D Just haven't developed that knack for drinking it straight, on the rocks or neat.

If I'm just drinking to feel it, I know it's not quality and is sacreligious, but I love a peach flavored bourbon (Bird Dog is the best of these to me) in a diet dew. Sooo good and the only way you know you're mixing the drink stronger is it tastes more like peach.

Still need to try a bunch more. I tend to like the wheated bourbons best as the rye based bourbons tend to have a more strong flavor to me.

I could probably save money just reading your updates:D

Woodford reserve is my go to lately...must try this angels envy

TexasRedNeck

Diesel Newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Houston, Texas
I’m on to a new phase

Single barrel , barrel strength Jack. 130 proof

b80203bd31ce2c4db96de210d38f4dc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
New favorite, and I surely can't afford to "drink it to feel it" because it's about $70/bottle, is the IW Harper 15yr. So far, that's the only one I've actually enjoyed the flavor of by itself, unmixed. Well, I had it on the rocks. Its tasty. :thumb:

Anything else is mixed with something... if I'm out, I like manhatten's and old fashioned's. If I'm drinking for quantity, I like it with a diet soda (I'm fat and try to limit the amount of calories I drink, so don't even @ me :D ), Diet Dew is preferred, followed by diet pepsi, then diet coke will suffice if that's all that's available. I've been meaning to try some in a Dr. Pepper but just haven't yet.

Anyone had any of the following?

Larceny
Rebel Yell
1792 Sweet Wheat
Old Fitzgerald (green label) BIB

They're wheated bourbons and supposed to be sweeter which I think I'll enjoy more. :baby:

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I’m usually a gentlemen jack guy, but with a single barrel bottle on hand when I BBQ.

My wife got me the Jack Daniels Sinatra bottle for Christmas, and it’s absolutely amazing. I have no idea what the price is, but it’s by far the best I’ve ever had. I do however have a thing for the “Jack” flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonjac

Nov 1, 2018
Love my jack as a go-to but crown isn't bad either (i know that's a rum..). Sometimes just go with the cheap stuff.

grnbowser

Jan 15, 2019
I used to go for the cheap stuff just to acquire the taste and now I can indulge in more expensive kind.

dirtbike.mom69

Jan 15, 2019
oregon
Pendleton and diet for me all the way! Not too sweet but oh so amazing!:beer:beer
There is a whiskey I can't recall the name but I believe it was rebel yell or maybe revel stole it was so smooth. A buddy from years ago used to drink it all the time and I was hooked when I first tried it. I could be totally wrong on the name tho lol
If anyone is ever in the lane county area in oregon wanting to hit a bar then hit me up. I'll make ya some good drinks. Its a small town bar but you'll feel right at home.

dirtbike.mom69

Jan 15, 2019
oregon
So I did find a picture of a bottle I bought in substitution. I remember looking for a bottle and couldn't find it at any liquor stores so I had bought this one instead but I've also had one of the ones below but can't recall I believe it was rebel yell

Pendleton and diet for me all the way! Not too sweet but oh so amazing!:beer:beer
There is a whiskey I can't recall the name but I believe it was rebel yell or maybe revel stole it was so smooth. A buddy from years ago used to drink it all the time and I was hooked when I first tried it. I could be totally wrong on the name tho lol
If anyone is ever in the lane county area in oregon wanting to hit a bar then hit me up. I'll make ya some good drinks. Its a small town bar but you'll feel right at home.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-22-22-55-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-02-22-22-55-42.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 30

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Had a nice drink of Weller Antique 107 yesterday. It was quite enjoyable after the burn from the first sip dissipated. The rest was nice. And for 107 proof, it only burned on the finish in the throat, didn't burn on my lips or tongue. Definitely has a sweet nose to it. I'm not savvy enough to point out many flavors, at least not now, to describe the flavor, it was just enjoyable for me is what I remember. :D

Don@F1

Jul 17, 2019
Stopped drinking any whiskey 20 plus years ago myself, but I hear if you dont drink Proper 12 in Ireland you get punched in the face by Mcgregor himself:rofl:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just sitting around today, decided to buy another to try. Got a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch. I really like it. Still need to find a new bottle of Buffalo Trace, though.

Reactions: SmokeShow

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Tried some Whistle Pig Rye the other day. It was different, but in a good way. If I ever find a bottle of it, I'll add it to my cabinet.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Tried some Whistle Pig Rye the other day. It was different, but in a good way. If I ever find a bottle of it, I'll add it to my cabinet.
I enjoy the Whistle Pig Rye. It’s the 10yr bottle. I can’t get on board with Four Roses lately. My friends wife drinks Mountain Dew with Bulleit so that’s usually on hand as well

Reactions: SmokeShow