Bendpak or Rotary Lift?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Madmax - are you lifting cars with the rubber pads meant to lift with or lifting them on the arms of the 12k, because whether you're lifting cars with a 12k Rotary, Challenger or Bendpak, Atlas.... you're not going to be lifting very productively.

as far as curb weights (not GVWR):
http://www.gmc.com/sierra/2500HD/specsCapabilities.jsp

you can lift some smaller cars on a 12k but not very productive, unless you have time to shuffle vehicles forward and backward to spot (unlike a Challenger CL10 with the offset arm design)

rgullett83 - if the heaviest truck (yours weighs 7100), you're fine with a 10k lift (make sure your load is spread correctly across the arms 2500 ea arm) and you leave yourself the option of being able to lift your truck and smaller cars the right way.

http://www.challengerlifts.com/versymmetrictech.shtml
http://www.challengerlifts.com/CL10series.shtml

I have 2 12K BendPacks and they lift cars with no problem. I have lifted Hondas , Mercedes, Jaguars, Caddy's and you name it. Don't see how you say they are not productive. I use the rubber pads for cars and frame captive adapters for the trucks.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
so if it is safe to say that there is a 1 and 1/2 safety factor built in, then 10k would suit me just fine.?

Yes, perfectly fine IMO.

Like I said, mine is a 9,000lb lift and its built way stronger than the generic chinese 11,000lb lifts that ive seen in person. Ive lifted plenty of loaded crew cab long bed dually's and heavy diesel excursions with zero problems.

Cbum

Feb 2, 2010
Church Point Louisiana
Also have a BendPak all though a four post lift at the house Never had an issue very reliable . Mine has optional rollers on it so I can move it around when the need arises

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I have 2 12K BendPacks and they lift cars with no problem. I have lifted Hondas , Mercedes, Jaguars, Caddy's and you name it. Don't see how you say they are not productive. I use the rubber pads for cars and frame captive adapters for the trucks.

Any chance the adapters will fit other brands? The one we came across doesn't offer them.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Bringin up an old thread, I havent bought a lift yet, kinda ran out of money by the time I got the shop finished. However there is a dealership locally here that went under and, they just so happen to have 2 Rotrary 10k lifts that the bank has repo'ed. I want to go look at them to see what kind of condition they are in, but what do yall think I should pay, if they are in good shape?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Bringin up an old thread, I havent bought a lift yet, kinda ran out of money by the time I got the shop finished. However there is a dealership locally here that went under and, they just so happen to have 2 Rotrary 10k lifts that the bank has repo'ed. I want to go look at them to see what kind of condition they are in, but what do yall think I should pay, if they are in good shape?

which model are they? Rotary has some real legit 10k lifts and they also have a shitty budget one that has weaker looking components than my 9k lift.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
If it was at a dealership it was probably the nicer ones, but do sOme homework. I wouldn't give more than 50-60% of new for them, depending on condition.

More than that and it's worth it to go new, at least for me.

I had a Bendpak 2 post 10k and 12k - decided to sell the 10 and install/use the 12. Never had any issues lifting anything on it and love it a bunch!

I recommend having a factory team install it - Bendpak sent a crew of 2 out with a crane truck and it was up in just a few hours for under $400 I believe.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
well here I am again, still no lift, tired of talking about it, but dont want to regret it later. I was pretty well sold on a 12K from Greg Smith Equipment. Well they are not ALI certified, that kind of worries me. I only have one location in my shop to put a lift, due to floor heat, so I want to do it once and be done. I have been looking hard at Bendpak, and Challenger lifts as of lately, but lookin at $5k plus for either of those, the Atlas is gonna run $2700:( I am stressing myself out over this:spit:. Safety is more important than cost to me.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I bought the Bendpak 12K for safety. I have had more weight than that on it and the lift handled it fine. I reinforced the concrete under the posts for more safety. My pads are 4X4 and 2 feet deep with rebar. I don't realy like side by side lifts but that's all that will fit in my shop so I live with them.

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
We have 10 Rotary lifts in our shop. 9 10,000 lbs. and one 14,000 lbs. for the new NV commercial Nissans. The 10,000 lbs. lift picks up our trucks fine, as well as the ford trucks. But if it were me choosing the lift, I would go with at least the 12k for safety. But I have had no problems with the Rotary lifts so far.