Beer of the nite

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I'm the same as Troy. I like trying new to me craft beers but I just can't like IPAs. Ales, pilsners, lagers are about my tolerance. Some stouts are good but most are so heavy I don't drink them too often.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
IPAs are about all I drink now, sours click with certain people. I am not a fan myself.

What kind of IPA's are your fav? I have tried a few and like them a little, but the real strong ones I cant get into.

I'm the same as Troy. I like trying new to me craft beers but I just can't like IPAs. Ales, pilsners, lagers are about my tolerance. Some stouts are good but most are so heavy I don't drink them too often.

You got that right! I tried a Guinness the other night, drank about half, and didn't finish the rest just cause I could not enjoy it. Gotta enjoy what you drink!

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
What kind of IPA's are your fav? I have tried a few and like them a little, but the real strong ones I cant get into.

They are an acquired taste I think. A lot of the big craft breweries make great starter IPAs (Odells, Great Divide, New Belgium, etc..) I actually like the double IPAs now, but they sure are strong. Just keep trying different ones and write down the ones you like.

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
A good friend got me to try a double IPA on vacation last year. I liked a few, sip of sunshine being my favorite.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Caribe.....since apparently that's the local brew in St. Maarten. I think I'm keeping their economy afloat this week. Expecting a call from Coors any day now, with concerns to why my consumption of their usual is so much lower this month

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Caribe.....since apparently that's the local brew in St. Maarten. I think I'm keeping their economy afloat this week. Expecting a call from Coors any day now, with concerns to why my consumption of their usual is so much lower this month

:roflmao:

I am surprised I haven't got a call from Natural since I started testing Craft Beers out and loving them!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just drinking an ordinary, everyday Schlitz. Pabst brought back the old 60s formula a while back.
I like it and dont care what anyone thinks.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Screw a Shlitz. That's gut-rot beer if there ever were any!

We buried my (88yo) granny today. :( I'm feeling like some brown water but might have my first bloody mary in honor of her. I hated V8 or tomato juice as a kid-20s but the last few years, I thoroughly enjoy it. But because I never liked V8 juice, I never have tried a bloody mary. Ol granny sure liked them though! Cracked me up getting giggly when she'd get tipsy. :rofl: Spicier the better for her too. LOL Think I may just have to give one a try tonight. :thumb:

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
One of my favorites while hanging with the wife and pups.
e11bd8882abcd970b38aa5f901adcc02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
The bloody mary for granny Fri. night was no bueno. I knocked out some wells boubon n diet coke to rinse that bloody mary out. Then finished off a pint of Bird Dog Peach whiskey in diet mountain dew. I know flavored whiskey/bourbon is sacreligious to connessuers but that peach is soooo good in diet dew. No matter how stout I mix it, it just tastes more peachy, not really any stronger. Its easy to hammer them back. :thumb:

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
101 and water is my go to when not drinking beer.

:thumb: I mix the sprite and cranberry with it as it was one of my buddies favorite drink when we'd go to the bar before he got killed in a bad bull riding accident so it's a special mix to me. I don't drink any beer ever. Just burboun :) my favorite is most definitely the reserve 120.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
:thumb: I mix the sprite and cranberry with it as it was one of my buddies favorite drink when we'd go to the bar before he got killed in a bad bull riding accident so it's a special mix to me. I don't drink any beer ever. Just burboun :) my favorite is most definitely the reserve 120.

sad story but a cool way to go out I guess, cool you drink for him i respect that. I'm not a macho bourbon and water guy, but if I mix anything with juice or soda I just mix new Amsterdam vodka. Usually black cherry carbonated water and vodka. Super cheap drink and vodka just mixes well with those things. Maybe I'll try one of your drinks for him:thumb:

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
EVAN WILLIAMS EGG NOG FELLAs!

Its that time of the year again and at only 9 bucks a bottle, its perfect!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Polished off a bottle of Woodford Reserve saturday watching the damn Wildcats get smashed by the in-state rival garbage school, UofL. :(

I finally found another 1/2 gal of Weller bourbon though so it's all good. :thumb:

I still taint my bourbon with diet pepsi or dt. dew. Bite me! :D