Banks

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
I'm simply asking this because I'm very curious how it went and how the motor sounds.

A while back I read an article in one of the diesel magazines (don't recall which one) about banks building this bad ass stroked Duramax. Believe it was stroked to 7.1L and it had a big supercharger on it with no turbo. The exhaust resembled that of a dragsters or funny car. It was pretty much an open header design since there was no turbo to route exhaust to. Just curious if anyone knows anything else about this motor or where I can read up on it some more or watch some videos of it. I'm really curious to see what kinda power it puts down and really would like to hear how that exhaust sounds.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Heard it was supposed to be in their rail an running at nhrda in phoenix. They were a no show though so .....:confused:

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
I've looked for videos of it on YouTube. Haven't found anything. Also tried to find something to read about it. But no joy. Looks awesome though. Bet it makes some retarded power.

1953drtelco

Feb 24, 2010
Riverside, CA
I thought I saw a video on the Banks site regarding the Duramax dragster....From the audio portion of the video, the motor sounded nothing like a diesel.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
yeah i rember the one hes talking about its got zoomies type headers it was the new engine they built the twin turbo/supercharged one was the old one i believe it was in there s10 dragster saw that run a ddn and it didnt sound like a diesel at all but who know with banks i bet they built that engine ran it on the dyno it broke some record for hp/tq and so they put it in a muesum lol

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
That's not the same engine he's talking about.

Perhaps not but the article has certain descriptions that are mentioned beyond super charger. Like loudness and I believe the hot rod style headers if I'm not mistaken so I thought I'd post the links and see if it relates. If not no biggie still cool reading!

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Either way, that one is a bad ass motor as well. Wish they would chime in and post up some specs for it. I wonder if they will give it to me if I put a bunch of banks stickers on my truck?