Banana Pan

Fandango

Aug 7, 2013
Mefis
What about the heat transfer abilities for the LLY guys?

If so much heat is really getting into the cooling system through the factory oil cooler, wouldn't this be another way of combating high coolant temps? Starting as close to the source as possible, right after it gets heated up.

You guys balk at the price, but last time I checked, the aluminum Trans Pan du jour is more money.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
i love my delo400 10k oil changes.....or whenever i feel like i cant remember when the last time i changed it. it a nice looking pan for sure

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
10000 miles just seems like such along time! Is that because of the synthetic oil? I have been going to 5000 with my rotella synthetic. Wonder if I could go longer?

You are overchanging your oil waaayyy too much and throwing $$ right out the window. I ran dino rotella for 5000 miles and recently went to 7500 miles. Now im running the t6 and plan on changing it out once a year (15000 miles) and a filter change halfway. Do some research and get an oil analysis. You'll be surprised to see how long you can run it with no negative effects and also saving $$:thumb:

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
You are overchanging your oil waaayyy too much and throwing $$ right out the window. I ran dino rotella for 5000 miles and recently went to 7500 miles. Now im running the t6 and plan on changing it out once a year (15000 miles) and a filter change halfway. Do some research and get an oil analysis. You'll be surprised to see how long you can run it with no negative effects and also saving $$:thumb:

I do get my oil analyzed every year. I also run the T6 Rotella. I will have to try a 10,000 mile change and then see how the oil analysis looks. My only concern is if the injectors go. I usually check the oil every week or two.

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
Youd guys hate me.. I change my oil every 500 miles.

No hard feelings. I change mine once a year whether it needs it or not. I use Ursa but I put it in rotella jugs to carry it from the tank to the truck. "Pepsi challenge" I believe it is called. She hasn't noticed yet.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
10000 miles just seems like such along time! Is that because of the synthetic oil? I have been going to 5000 with my rotella synthetic. Wonder if I could go longer?

I wasn't very happy with Rotella. I think Delo 400 is a better oil. I'm now running Delvac 1300 after other post really good results.

Youd guys hate me.. I change my oil every 500 miles.

Is that because you want to change it or you broke something and have to tear the engine down?:D

Really to most of us it really doesn't matter. We will blow up our engines due to power long before they wear out.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I wasn't very happy with Rotella. I think Delo 400 is a better oil. I'm now running Delvac 1300 after other post really good results.

Really to most of us it really doesn't matter. We will blow up our engines due to power long before they wear out.

i think you are right, ive had smoother running motor with delo over rotella, but then again i just started burning oil and smokin bad out of the oil cap and crankcase breather, hence why i change it so often :eek:

Over two cups is a lot of old oil! I bought a "banana pan" and installed it no problem at all. It seems quieter and it's kinda' like wetting your pants in a dark suit - it feels good, but nobody notices. So much nicer than the OEM pan and you can paint/powder-coat it any color you like. It's an oil pan.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
So does it reduce the capacity by 2 cups or the shape is just different and keeps the same capacity? Does the front of the vehicle have to be off the ground to remove the front crossmember?

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Over two cups is a lot of old oil! I bought a "banana pan" and installed it no problem at all. It seems quieter and it's kinda' like wetting your pants in a dark suit - it feels good, but nobody notices. So much nicer than the OEM pan and you can paint/powder-coat it any color you like. It's an oil pan.

Haha, it seems quieter. You must have the most sensitive hearing in the history of mankind.