bad hop

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
i ainrt got anything like you do, but spring clamps are cheap and they made a helluva difference. empty or loaded, it plants the tires and HARD..... great for burnouts, and launches.... if it will hook on the stockers.....:D

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
You removed some rear springs didnt you? I think with springs removed caltracs are a must to keep things in check in the rear. Aslo i notice with mine that that when i get any hop its usually in the front from the suspension unloading, I want to try new shocks but im to lazy.... Tires IMO help a great deal also.....If they cant spin they wont hop... ubt still to this day my bstg 60' is on stock aluminim wheels and worn out stock tires!!!

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
i ainrt got anything like you do, but spring clamps are cheap and they made a helluva difference. empty or loaded, it plants the tires and HARD..... great for burnouts, and launches.... if it will hook on the stockers.....:D
got em;)
You removed some rear springs didnt you? I think with springs removed caltracs are a must to keep things in check in the rear. Aslo i notice with mine that that when i get any hop its usually in the front from the suspension unloading, I want to try new shocks but im to lazy.... Tires IMO help a great deal also.....If they cant spin they wont hop... ubt still to this day my bstg 60' is on stock aluminim wheels and worn out stock tires!!!

Thanks Caleb
yes i did loose some springs and just installing some new torsion keys
I would also like to try some new shocks on the front

Ill keep ya posted after all the mods are done:)

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Thanks Caleb
yes i did loose some springs and just installing some new torsion keys
I would also like to try some new shocks on the front

Ill keep ya posted after all the mods are done:)

OK then are going to need caltracs or something so you don't get axle wrap.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Wheelhop can only happen if you are spinning one or more tires.

That being said, axle wrap is the true reason for wheel hop. The axle rotates backwards of the drive direction, the tires slip, then BANG! the axle whips back where it was, unloading the tires so they can bite again, then it repeats.

Traction bars will stop axle rotation, but you want good traction too

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Wheelhop can only happen if you are spinning one or more tires.

That being said, axle wrap is the true reason for wheel hop. The axle rotates backwards of the drive direction, the tires slip, then BANG! the axle whips back where it was, unloading the tires so they can bite again, then it repeats.

Traction bars will stop axle rotation, but you want good traction too

Isnt it impossible to spin only one tire in 4wd?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Yup, 3 tires cannot be one speed, and one tire be another.

You can spin 2, 3, or 4 tires.

But if you are 2wd, you can spin one.

Thanks Pat I was assuming that when I made traction bars but didnt know if I was wrong and built everything wrong :rofl:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
what kind of traction bars ....got pics

I have pics of my full lengths in my garage because they are off right now. im going to make a shorter set kind of like cal tracs ill get some pics up tonight simon if you get some videos for me:D:hug:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I have pics of my full lengths in my garage because they are off right now. im going to make a shorter set kind of like cal tracs ill get some pics up tonight simon if you get some videos for me:D:hug:

thanks but there wont be any vids....anytime soon:(

the caltracs are nice but I always thought longer ones would be nice:confused:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
thanks but there wont be any vids....anytime soon:(

the caltracs are nice but I always thought longer ones would be nice:confused:

Dangit! I had 60" on my truck but after you lower it a bunch they want to hit the front spring hanger. So I need to either make an angle in the back so they sit lower or do shorter ones that connect in a different spot. Im gonna go with the shorter ones or Ill have only a few inches ground clearance.

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
Simon,

I got the same problem now that I removed the #2 leaf and the overload....gets scary at times.
I was thinking about putting the overload back in but I guess traction bars are the best way to go.