Bad day at track

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
That's because it's not a locker ;)

The AAM tracrite and dodge factory unit are one in the same.

Still a very functional unit for the price. You can get for a touch over $600 bucks with carrier bearings and do the same purpose. I know MikeDiesel put one in his white lly at 1000+ and never had an issue. I was just throwing it out there as another affordable option.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Still a very functional unit for the price. You can get for a touch over $600 bucks with carrier bearings and do the same purpose. I know MikeDiesel put one in his white lly at 1000+ and never had an issue. I was just throwing it out there as another affordable option.

what pures point is that you called it a locker. that term can not be used loosely here as we are getting pretty in depth about rear diff setups.

We run a factory dodge limited slip carrier in the cummins we built. it came with an open carrier (rare, unpleasant finding) so we sourced one and i threw it in. We will be putting one in the front end as well.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Have anyone ran the Yukon duragrip? Someone on the forum has one for sale. My mechanic friend is going to help me. I don't see any damage with my ring and pinion. And seal wasn't leaking neither. Found the truetrac and carrier bearings/race from bbp for under 1000. Not including shipping

How much money do you want to spend? As James pointed out, they don't have the same bias ratio, but for a purely street truck I don't see the need to spend $200-300 more on a truetrac. At that price you might as well buy an actual locker. IMO

And the duragrip is a clutch type, I don't like clutch style diffs in trucks so I won't comment on that.

nope sure not, didnt claim it was either :D

Yea yea I hear ya :D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
How much money do you want to spend? As James pointed out, they don't have the same bias ratio, but for a purely street truck I don't see the need to spend $200-300 more on a truetrac. At that price you might as well buy an actual locker. IMO

And the duragrip is a clutch type, I don't like clutch style diffs in trucks so I won't comment on that.

Yea yea I hear ya :D

:hug: :D

2005redlly

Jan 15, 2013
Farmville va
Been trying to find all the torque specs (and back lash?)I will need to know, but not having any luck. Any help would be nice. Cover bolts should be around 30ft/lbs. all I can find.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
.005-.007 back lash

175ft lbs for ring gear bolt torture and RED LOCTITE them!!

120ft lbs on carrier bearing cap bolts

Do not over preload the carrier bearings