Az registration

Dennison digges

Jun 3, 2019
Cali :/
Sorry if this is not allowed or has a thread already I tired searching but didn’t find much. If not allowed or another has been made please delete and point men in the right directions . Has anyone registered there truck at there vacation home ,family or friends house in az? What needs to be done? Go to dmv there and register It at the az address? Get it smoged in az? What are the smog and emissions Laws out there? I am in Cali so I am sure you know why I want to change registration .

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It’s all good until someone files a complaint. Around here if you’re in state more than 6 months it needs to be registered in state. You’d be surprised how shitty your neighbors can be. It’s a big problem in NYC and they’re cracking down. I can’t imagine Kamifornia doesn’t do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennison digges

Jun 3, 2019
It’s all good until someone files a complaint. Around here if you’re in state more than 6 months it needs to be registered in state. You’d be surprised how shitty your neighbors can be. It’s a big problem in NYC and they’re cracking down. I can’t imagine Kamifornia doesn’t do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn tree hugging Prius drivers lol jk Yea I’ve had a couple buddy’s get called on from there neighbors But they were driving like dick heads. The truck isn’t my daily mainly my tow rig for the desert and river so I wouldn’t be hot roding around the block lol.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I had a friend driving around with Navada plates for a few years, one day a cop who happened to take the same route as her started to take notice and watched her. Later he pulled her over and gave her a ticket.

It may work but you will always be driving around looking over your shoulder. Not worth it in my opinion. May as well move out of California if it is that hard to pay registration

Dennison digges

Jun 3, 2019
I had a friend driving around with Navada plates for a few years, one day a cop who happened to take the same route as her started to take notice and watched her. Later he pulled her over and gave her a ticket.

It may work but you will always be driving around looking over your shoulder. Not worth it in my opinion. May as well move out of California if it is that hard to pay registration

Paying the registration isn’t the problem, all the smog laws are. I would love to move out but that not in the cards just yet.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Won’t do you any good. Cali is hard on out of state plates. They will pull you over for any little bit of smoke. If they see you have a Cali license and AZ plates, you will get hit double hard. That caught on to that shit a few years back

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Won’t do you any good. Cali is hard on out of state plates. They will pull you over for any little bit of smoke. If they see you have a Cali license and AZ plates, you will get hit double hard. That caught on to that shit a few years back

Any stock turbo stock injector truck shouldn’t smoke at all anyway :D

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
I own a house in Phoenix, and have a car based a that house, yet officially live in Kansas. Both auto and house were inherited from my mom, so they were just a simple transfer to me, somewhat different than your situation. The car does not leave AZ, except for short trips. probably, if you use your car/truck at your official home, it should be registered there. But you already know that.

There are 3 smog counties and they are the counties where Tucson, Phoenix, and Flagstaff (I think, maybe Prescott) are located. Other than that they do not need smog checks. You can register your car in AZ and use your CA address, though CA authorities will likely find out and want you to pay them also. If you do not have AZ drivers license, it may be harder to pretend to be an AZ resident. I used to live in CA and registered my boats in AZ, then they cracked down. Made it very difficult. That was in the 70's, probably even harder now.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I own a house in Phoenix, and have a car based a that house, yet officially live in Kansas. Both auto and house were inherited from my mom, so they were just a simple transfer to me, somewhat different than your situation. The car does not leave AZ, except for short trips. probably, if you use your car/truck at your official home, it should be registered there. But you already know that.

There are 3 smog counties and they are the counties where Tucson, Phoenix, and Flagstaff (I think, maybe Prescott) are located. Other than that they do not need smog checks. You can register your car in AZ and use your CA address, though CA authorities will likely find out and want you to pay them also. If you do not have AZ drivers license, it may be harder to pretend to be an AZ resident. I used to live in CA and registered my boats in AZ, then they cracked down. Made it very difficult. That was in the 70's, probably even harder now.

Tucson, phx, flagstaff and Prescott are not counties. They are cities. Only Maricopa county and Pima county require emission testing as well as small sections of yavapi county now. These are all loosely based around the greater phx area and the greater Tucson area

Diesels here require a visual pass and opacity test (snap test for smoke).

You can not use a PO Box here to register either. MVD caught on to that. They also require you to bring in a utility bill unless you go through a third party.

If you register here and it requires emission testing (not f**king bull shit Cali smog testing), you must have the cat, dpf, and egr or what ever was required for your year truck or you will fail visual.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
I transferred my L5P from California to AZ. Easy, just show up with your registration and pay them. In and out within 20-30 min.