Automotive "terms" and fads that make you cringe

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
They'll screw up space as well.:mad:
Oh absolutely. We've got so much trash up there already. Imagine what it's going to be like when there's thousands (or more) of people littering.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Truthfully in the end it's the owner's decision to make a vehicle how they want it to look. However what REALLY gets me is seeing these "bro'd" out trucks come through my work for emissions tests. Literally 80%+ are driving on bald tires, numerous oil leaks, brakes griding, 15k overdue on oil change, etc, etc. Basically a rolling safety hazard. But they make damn sure that their wheels have the most offset, or their lift is the most flashy, exhaust tip is the most obnoxious, or they have more lightbars than their other bro...

Double bro points when it's their welding rigs with the same problem. It's literally your mode of income yet you spent your brake/u-joint/maintenance money on more LED's than a big rig.

Maybe its just me, but Loveland/ft Collins is getting bad! Seems like everything has a lightbar or two over there..of course they run them day or night which is awesome..

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Maybe its just me, but Loveland/ft Collins is getting bad! Seems like everything has a lightbar or two over there..of course they run them day or night which is awesome..

Beause it's close to wyotech I bet.... I can only imagine the tekker rigs there now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO

Saw a lifted 6.0 broken down at the Berthoud exit with dual light bars stacked on top of each other on the roof. Bleh....

Although I can't say much as I installed two lightbars on my Cadillac :D More of a joke than to look cool :rofl:

MaxSmoke

FNG for life
Jan 25, 2012
Brighton Co

Thats pretty much how all NoCo is getting to be. I had one guy coming at me one night with his light bar on so i hit my highs and i have the all lights on mod and he promptly turned it off till we passed:thumb::thumb::thumb:

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
Most of you fellows may be too young to remember guys bragging about having a 3/4 cam or a full race cam in their gas burners. I usually walked away on those, but sometimes I would ask for an explanation on those two terms, which usually was 5 minutes of useless bs.

nope, used to hear it all the time many years ago. I also used to ask them what it meant, most of them didn't even know any specs at all about their "3/4" or "full" race cam, which almost always idled like a stocker :)

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I saw a Jeep (Just Empty Every Pocket) the other day with an LED light bar on top of the windshield and then 4 smaller LED's on the windshield A pillars (2 stacked on top of each other on either side). Why do you need 857 lights on a Jeep or anything else for that matter?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Cummins owners....

I'm on lunch filling up with diesel guy next pump over starts talking to me... "Hey bud nice dirty-maxxxx" me "thanks" him "what's done to the engine" me "little this little that" him "I've got a cummins it's a beast" me "meh cool"

Then I just sat in the truck to avoid further iq loss

Hate the term durtymaxx.. That shits for ricer kids with daddy's money buying everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
Bringing this back... Im sure youve all been asked this but Had someone ask me today if i like to roll coal. Simply replied no...

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Had a guy tell me his dmax was stolen and after the chase was over they pulled the "black box" and it recorded speeds of 186mph. I just laughed and those MTs you're rolling on would have exploded well well before that speed was reached. I then explained because of gearing and rpm limitations there was no possible way for a stock dmax to achieve that speed. He still swore up and down. I really lost a few thousand brain cells listening to him.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Had a guy tell me his dmax was stolen and after the chase was over they pulled the "black box" and it recorded speeds of 186mph. I just laughed and those MTs you're rolling on would have exploded well well before that speed was reached. I then explained because of gearing and rpm limitations there was no possible way for a stock dmax to achieve that speed. He still swore up and down. I really lost a few thousand brain cells listening to him.

Haha, better send this guy to McRat... I'm sure Pat would love to know what was done to that truck to hit that speed:spit: