ATP no longer offering tuning?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Can the tunes be unlocked so update/changes can be made by the vehicle owner if they have the know-how?

Highly doubtful, just because he is no longer able to sell tines doesn't mean he doesn't still own the propriatery information in all of his current tunes in circulation.

Your best bet is to switch tuners unless you are happy with what you have.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
A good read here that's for sure.. Its a shame this has happened to ATP, but it is not a shocker. As others have said, it is all just a matter of time when more and more tuning companies are shut down. The EPA will do what they want, and no one can change it.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I still think an underhanded competitor "reported" ATP as a violator. This was far too random to happen on purpose.
Frankly, the EPA (and those supposed "judges" -- all enviro-nazis, 3 of which were promoted by Obama) is out of control.
Trouble is, there is nothing us "ordinary people" can do about it.

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
I still think an underhanded competitor "reported" ATP as a violator. This was far too random to happen on purpose.
Frankly, the EPA (and those supposed "judges" -- all enviro-nazis, 3 of which were promoted by Obama) is out of control.
Trouble is, there is nothing us "ordinary people" can do about it.

My suspicion as well. Because as most know, Rob didn't do deletes. IF he did, it was in the masses as others and wasn't advertised like everyone else does.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
$95k fine!!!!! holy crap

The original fine was in the high tens of millions but appealed and reduced to that

I still think it was because he was keeping emissions intact and making power proving emissions don't control everything. There is only one thing the EPA wants and thats to be in complete control of the situation.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I am just curious how the EPA can allege that all those products listed and sold between the 2013 and 2015 date's were used on Vehicles that were registered for road use and used on Public property???

What about the competition only vehicles??? I am sure he worked on a few of those as well.

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
I think the fact that the amount of street vehicles he did out weighed the comp only vehicles didn't matter to them. But who knows, just my two cents. But him getting hit first before others that I know that advertise deletes on a regular basis surprises me honestly. But wasn't avoidable, this was bound to happen sooner or later at some point no matter how we look at it.

But it sucks that it happened to Rob. We just have to see what happens from this point onward.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kcBSUOoFUM1SWctMewnWqabxjiu5UfsC

Here's the link to the Case Docs if you guys have an issue viewing it.
I need to read it more in depth later to interpret the legaleze BS.
But if you go through the current and closed cases during this time on the EPA's page GE is getting hit real hard with multiple times.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
So why is EPA not cracking down on the gasser world then? There are probably 10 times as many tuned gas engines that are passing emissions.

He’s not making anyone look like a fool because his tune trucks were still passing emissions checks.

You can't see gas emissions, tou can see the black smoke so therefore it is worse

That's how the EPA sees it

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
You can't see gas emissions, tou can see the black smoke so therefore it is worse

That's how the EPA sees it

That be correct,

Plus, Diesel trucks: light duty, medium duty and heavy duty fall into a different emissions category than gasoline vehicles do. So anything offense wise for a diesel truck is much more intense than any gasoline vehicle. That is how Cali sees it anyways, I am pretty sure the feds do too at this point.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
obviously cleaner emissions cant be a bad thing overall, just the fact that all this BS is mostly coming down from some liberal tree hugging agenda is what irritates me. More regulations, more laws, where will it end? who knows.... the fact is that most of us (common sense folk) probably wouldn't abuse the street performance side of our hobby to purposely impact it in a negative way, but I'm sure we're outnumbered by idiots who give this performance side a bad image. Stock Sucks but i understand it cant be complete anarchy as well...... i dont know:eek:

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
The problem, more than anything IMO, is there is no way for a small manufacturer to be "legal". There is no economical way for a tuner to write a tune, run it on the rollers, and get a stamp for the tune or any other combination of parts and tune. As currently written, you are breaking the law the moment you mod basically anything on your diesel engine or exhaust.

The whole hands off attitude is killing the aftermarket and the non-OEM repair shop. Yep, they are after the small shops too.

Essentially all big diesel builds are one offs. Very, very few off the shelf, mass produced products that can suffer the burden of the current system. Very small market.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
The problem, more than anything IMO, is there is no way for a small manufacturer to be "legal". There is no economical way for a tuner to write a tune, run it on the rollers, and get a stamp for the tune or any other combination of parts and tune. As currently written, you are breaking the law the moment you mod basically anything on your diesel engine or exhaust.

The whole hands off attitude is killing the aftermarket and the non-OEM repair shop. Yep, they are after the small shops too.

Essentially all big diesel builds are one offs. Very, very few off the shelf, mass produced products that can suffer the burden of the current system. Very small market.