Anyone used these tow mirrors?

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
Has anyone else tried out these mirrors yet? I have not towing mirrors and I am trying to decide between these mirrors or the style that came on classic trucks stock. There doesn't seem to be a difference in price.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have the 03-07 style tow mirrors on my truck from 1aauto for my 02. no complaints or issues.

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
I have the 03-07 style tow mirrors on my truck from 1aauto for my 02. no complaints or issues.

That may be the route I go. I have read about a lot of issues with the mirrors in the link above. A lot of people say that the passenger mirror makes everything look way to close. There were a lot of other problems too. Its a cool idea, just not well executed.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Lots of guys plugging the Boost Auto Parts Version of those 14 up style mirrors for the GMT 800.

I decided to try the $130 Ebay ones to see if I like the style first. They are larger and have more glass area than the factory style tow mirrors.

Unfortunately the drivers mirror had several defects and I am waiting on a replacement before I can install them. The Seller is very slow with shipping and updates.

A friend ordered a set at the same time from the same seller and had no issues.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Different product but I just got headlights and taillights from A1 and couldn’t be more happy
eBay is just a little to much China for me and sometimes you win but more often you get what you pay for;)
The lights came with new wiring and bulbs so now I got a lot more than I bargained for
Thanks Tony:thumb:

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
I ended up going with a set from ebay. They are exactly the same for almost half the cost. Ive had really good luck with them. I had a tire come apart and the tread hit the mirror arm and scuffed the heck out of it but still works well its not loose and the glass doesn’t bounce. So far im happy with them.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-For-03...500+HD&hash=item3f6891130c:g:9yoAAOSwzqFY-GHN

I really want to go that route but some of the reviews are scaring me. I fully realize that you will have some not so smart people that have problems because of assembly error and such. The major things I am worried about are the passenger side mirror magnifying more than OEM and also some people have just received faulty products to begin with. Do you think everything looks super close in your passenger side mirror?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I have 1a tow mirrors on my 09 and they are pretty good. The don't shake like the mirrors on my 05 did. They also stood behind their product when one of the little caps fell off. Mailed me a complete new mirror.

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
For me these mirrors are completely different from my stock ones. (Work truck) so I cannot vouch for over magnification. I can say that they are 100% better then what it had. Ill be honest though. The A1’s are nice they were my first choice. I just couldn’t justify the cost because my truck is a high tech trashcan... I can relate to the fear of fleabay but for now they fit the bill.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I ended up going with a set from ebay. They are exactly the same for almost half the cost. Ive had really good luck with them. I had a tire come apart and the tread hit the mirror arm and scuffed the heck out of it but still works well its not loose and the glass doesn’t bounce. So far im happy with them.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-For-03...500+HD&hash=item3f6891130c:g:9yoAAOSwzqFY-GHN

For me these mirrors are completely different from my stock ones. (Work truck) so I cannot vouch for over magnification. I can say that they are 100% better then what it had. Ill be honest though. The A1’s are nice they were my first choice. I just couldn’t justify the cost because my truck is a high tech trashcan... I can relate to the fear of fleabay but for now they fit the bill.

Good to hear you had luck with the SYPO ones. I had heard some negatives about them.

I got these. https://www.ebay.com/itm/282061422173

Still awaiting replacement Drivers side. As I said my friend set is perfectly fine.

20dmax08

Apr 13, 2018
I found these on a vendors site. I like them but im not sure for $300.... the full power opt models are fifty cheaper. Anyone know of another brand for a few bucks cheaper? Any reviews would help.

https://www.1aauto.com/mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00069/i/1amrp01820?f=1120510&y=2004

I have these on my ‘08. Nice mirrors but if you break something like say a glass for instance good luck getting a replacement from them! I had to get one from boost auto. Also to make the led spot light and marker lights to work I had to run a different ground wire. Looking back I would’ve went with the boost auto ones and got the harness to make the marker light dual function as mine do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
Do these sit level on the older trucks or are they still at an angle? I remember having to clearance the cover and add washer to the next gen mirror on my LB7 when I removed the horrible power extendo mirros.