Anyone used these tow mirrors?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I’ve never seen any aftermarket mirrors for these trucks that sit level. Wish there was but I’ll just level hem myself when I get some again I guess

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
You’re doing it wrong. You have to pop the cover off of where the mirror itself bolts to the mounting bracket. Then space that part out. Not where it bolts to the truck.

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
You’re doing it wrong. You have to pop the cover off of where the mirror itself bolts to the mounting bracket. Then space that part out. Not where it bolts to the truck.

I haven't done it at all. I actually haven't even gotten the mirrors yet. If you do end up doing this I wouldn't mind pictures!

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I haven't done it at all. I actually haven't even gotten the mirrors yet. If you do end up doing this I wouldn't mind pictures!

It’ll be a bit before I get mirrors. Once you get them you’ll be able to see what exactly needs to be done. Pretty sure there’s a video or write up on one of these forums somewhere

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
i will know in a few days if mine will straight but i assume on the newer ones it may be really close out of the box, then again EBAY = you never know

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Never had one issue out of my eBay specials. Mine barely vibrated going 75 down the highway too. I see no point in spending what GM wants for these mirrors

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
Never had one issue out of my eBay specials. Mine barely vibrated going 75 down the highway too. I see no point in spending what GM wants for these mirrors

couldnt agree more, $800 is insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is hard as hell taking you serious with that damn sig picture :roflmao:

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
i received my ebay mirrors and will dig into them shortly but they came with and extra 4 feet of wire for the marker lights and i was wondering if everything will work without the special cable from GM? I was told i needed it for the other mirrors i was going to get and also if i ordered the OEM ones i would still need that adapter plug. Are these supposed to be plug and play with the end that came on the harness?

Want to have all parts before i am tore apart and styores are closed.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Installed mine last night. Need to wire up back up and I guess the puddle lamps too.

Has 3 additional wires. I am guessing ground and 2 powers. 1 to back up 1 for puddle.

These are ECCPP from eBay.

Attachments

• 20180727_115508.jpg
    20180727_115508.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180727_081821.jpg
    20180727_081821.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20180726_185023.jpg
    20180726_185023.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180726_185134.jpg
    20180726_185134.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
There chinese so there not the quality of an OEM... The mirror adjustment leaves a little to be desired. I was going to see if I could adjust the detents to pull them inward just a small amount. I have maxed the adjustment and it's not enough for me anyway. Also when I Adjust the left mirror the Led turn signal in the mirror Flickers... The outer amber are not wired as running lamps as described. They only function with the turn signal.

These are the only ones I have seen with the puddle lamps. When looking for wiring info for them I came across the same mirror set for $40... not sure how safe or legit that sight is but I might try it with a CC and see what I get.

First set I bought did not have puddle lamps and arrived in clean packaging but with scratches on 1 mirror. They couldn't send me a good one (replacement was different and also scratched) so I sent them back and then bought these from the same seller.

Couldn't shell out the $400 for the boost auto ones I wanted with out seeing if I liked these style first.

I paid $150 Free Shipping and they are now listed at $145 free shipping. I found that other site for $40 but not sure of any shipping/ tax cost.

I would rate Product 3 out 5 Overall for now. Once I fix the small things If possible, I Would probally go 4 out of 5. The Adjustment of the mirror and the quality are my biggest gripe so far.

ECCPP is a Chinese company using a California Address in Pomona to claim it's business to. They drop ship from one of there storage warehouse Depending on location of order. All correspondences come around midnight or later my time so they must be operating out of China.

Last edited:

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
so did you use the extra wiring harness that came with them or just the main one attached to the light? Mine are here now and i am just trying to find to put them on.

I thought we still need one more harness from GM?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
so did you use the extra wiring harness that came with them or just the main one attached to the light? Mine are here now and i am just trying to find to put them on.

I thought we still need one more harness from GM?

I believe the 2014 up body style might need that.

The GMT 800 is plug and play for the mirror. But if you want the reverse lights and the clearance lights on the outside to work on these, you have to wire in with the supplied wiring.

I haven't had time to mess with mine. I had to finish the headliner on my 1500 Daily over the weekend...

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I like the puddle lights. Mine doesn’t have those. How do you like the mirrors?

These are the ones I bought with the puddle lamp. I haven't had time to work on the additional wiring though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Heat...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I found them without the puddle lamp for $32.99 with Free shipping here. I am half tempted to order a set and look deeper into modifying them.

http://www.vietrade.top/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4210

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Just wanted to update this. I Hate the mirrors I purchased. The visibility sucks!!! There is not enough adjustment in the mirror itself and the right side upper glass shakes going down the Highway. I haven't had time to pull them off and attempt to see if I could get some more adjustment out of the detent. My buddy installed washers on his where it meets the door to get them to pull back further for better viability. I should also mention I am tall and the seat is all the way back and the top mirror glass does not adjust far enough inward to see the lane next to you.

The glass also seems like thin plastic material Vs. actual glass.

I am half tempted to try the Boost Auto mirrors to see if there any better quality wise. They have good reviews but you never know until you get them...