Anyone running their Iphone 5 throught bose?

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
Mine came with it as well. It mentions factory xm being a requirement for some functions in the install instructions.

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
The instructions are what confused me about the XM. I can plug in my iPhone and it will charge but I don't see anything when I cycle through the sources by pressing Band. It has the newest firmware. I called their tech support, the only thing they said to do that I haven't tried is reset it which means I'll have to hook up that switch.

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
Tech support was much less than helpful. "If the volume is up all the way on your phone that's as loud as it gets". I asked if there was a firmware issue or a setting somewhere that may cause my issue "nope nothing" then they started in with the "you have to understand it will be a little quieter than radio quality because blah blah" so I told them a little quieter doesn't mean I should have to crank my stereo up to max to be able to even hear it. He went on with the apologies and nothing they can do's. I knew better than to call on a Friday afternoon. Now I have to decide if I will call back another day or rip this junk out and replace my head unit instead.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Something is wrong with the install or somthing man. I have them in 2 trucks now both work flawlessly. I dont use the bluetooth as my phone is always drained any way so it needs to charge

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
Something is wrong with the install or somthing man. I have them in 2 trucks now both work flawlessly. I dont use the bluetooth as my phone is always drained any way so it needs to charge
At this point I don't care. It's gone and I have a new head unit. I'm happier with that anyways. Took about half the time to install and it worked the first time. The hardest part was restraining myself from putting a bullet or two through that isimple once I ripped it back out.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Perfect thanks guys will be doing this for both the wife's Tahoe and my truck...:woott:

Eddie_LLY

Jul 28, 2014
Colorado
Bumping up an old thread to see if you guys are still happy with the iSimple 655 units?

I've been reading online reviews and it seems like anything else reviewed online, people seem to either love it or hate it without much in the middle.
Thanks

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
They are good if you're set in keeping the stock system. After having it and going to an aftermarket radio, would go straight to the aftermarket radio.

Eddie_LLY

Jul 28, 2014
Colorado
I'm thinking the price is right on the iSimple to give it a try, but differing opinions is why I posted.
Thanks for the feedback