Anyone else ever broke a Burkhardt axle?

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
When I twisted my axle I was given one at a discounted price. I would a least hope he'd give you what you need at near cost.

Thanks, good to know! Especially when they acted like it was the biggest surprise in the world, because no one else has ever broke one of their axles, lol...

Branik motorsports makes really nice custom axles for the 11.5 aam...not sure on current stock or wait time, but they were reasonbly priced.

Thank you, I will try them to get something similar.

Just to clarify, I'M NOT MAD IT BROKE, things fail at these power levels and abuse. I'm a little upset they knew some of these older setups were out there and CHOSE not to carry parts for repairs and that lead time is aALL pulling season to get one custom made....which I can also understand a little, but having to buy another $1250 spool to get it fixed soon

Savagebeast

Sled puller
Jan 21, 2014
NE ohio
I didn't break one of his axles but I broke the end splined hub section into 3 pieces somehow and that caused the splines to get tore up on the end of the axle. I talked to Tony and he said that should've never happened and they covered a whole new assembly for one side under warranty.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
gotta love the diesel game, everything is $3k... really sucks to see the failure, and the answer to the breakage.

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
This is a much better example! EFILive discontinued v1 and still supported it for years afterwards! Then, when they no longer did, they will upgrade you to v2 for about half of a new v2! If they had said we'll upgrade you to the new spool for half of new I would've jumped all over it! EFILive didn't tell v1 customers, "F**k you, buy a new one, your old stuff we charged you for is worthless junk."

Wow.... Not one of us here from DHD said "F**k You"!!!

In the past five years no one has broken the short axle from what I can remember so we had no reason to stock a shaft that hasn't failed.

Our manufacture had messed up on heat treating the end plates and we had I think about four failures the took out the end plates and axles, all replaced do to manufacture defects.

Last thing we want to do is blow smoke when we don't really know how soon we can have you a shaft, we have had a PO for shafts that has not been filled in over a year... Its hard to promise a delivery date with this issue. We have called manufacture and waiting for a call back on there delivery date but they are never filled when they say they will be.

Fastest way to get you up and going was a new spool and standard length. That's the only thing that we can promise you to get you going ASAP.

We are sorry you had a failure...

The very first batch was made under the supervision of a guy named Steve that I bought them through... It wasn't our design to have two lengths of shaft... The second order we made them changes to have equal length shafts. Steve was out of the picture 4.5 years ago and there business name was Klinckle motorsports that folded about 4 years ago. Your more than welcome to call him and ill give you his number if you wish. We do our very best to have stock for our current axles that haven't changed in four years now and I don't plan on changing them in the future. Longer splines on all shafts weakens the shafts. I wish we could do that because it would save me a ton of inventory but I want to sell the best product I can.

Again sorry for your failure and we are happy to do the best we can to get you back up and going.

Savagebeast

Sled puller
Jan 21, 2014
NE ohio
Hey Tony I wasn't complaining about my hub breaking at all this is truck pulling and parts will break that's inevitable. When I called you about my hub that broke and you told me to send it back with the axle and you would cover it under warranty I was really impressed. Most places if you buy any performance oriented part you own it and if it breaks you get told we can't cover it because of what you use it for. You resolved my issue very professionally and really fast too Thanks again!