Anyone care to take a look at this tune?

BigChief

Jun 29, 2009
So i was having some trouble getting the duramxtuner bigger tune ups to work, guessing thats because of my lack of lift pump. And i decided to try the messejme "hot tyre fryer" tune in my truck.

Worked great, just a couple of codes were thrown, every once in a while, the 1093 would show up. So i made some changes to the mil section of the tune, and changed the vanes at idle to make it sound tougher.

Changed the rev limiter and the throttle based injection tables to let it rev out a little longer. I am very very new to efi live, but this tune seems to really haul the mail in my truck, but the smoke level is REDICULOUS when i get on it. I cant understand why this one runs so good and smokes so much but nicks tune had lots of trouble in my truck.

Just wondering if i should add some boost to take advantage of all the fuel going out the pipe.

Attachments

• ChiefLLYTIREFRIERSMOKEY.tun
    629.9 KB · Views: 48

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
Ok your boost is pretty low and you cannot support 3000ms without a lift pump hence the smoke. Add boost and pull pw back to 2800 in the bottom row. You can also turn off the 1093 code but you should install a race valve.

Nicks high horsepower tunes will not work without a lift pump of you really look at the tunes you will see why.;)

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Do the shim mod yet? Once you start throwing 1093's it pops more and more with less HP.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Is that a free tune? Please dont post Nicks tunes on here

need a lift pump and shim the relief valve

that tune has a lot of fuel yet has limits set,You can not just increase the TBIQ and expect it will fuel at higher RPMs the TLIQ is not in jive and needs work on taget max and boost tables

I dont really see the need for that much press and PW if you are stock truck and no lift pump

you are far from holding 180mpa and 3000pw and your EGTS will suffer and so will your pistons JMHO

BigChief

Jun 29, 2009
i would never post a paid for tune in an open forum, this was a tune that i downloaded from this site for free in a public forum. Thats the only reason i posted it.

The lift pump showed up yesterday and i am trying to find the race valve...Hopefully i can get these installed and take advantage of nick's tunes.

Maybe i am confused, i thought that because of the smoke i had plenty of fuel and the lift pump wouldnt do me any good but you are saying that because of the smoke, you can tell i need a pump?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
i would never post a paid for tune in an open forum, this was a tune that i downloaded from this site for free in a public forum. Thats the only reason i posted it. No problom:)Just dont want to go there with Nicks or anyone elses paid tunes

The lift pump showed up yesterday and i am trying to find the race valve...Hopefully i can get these installed and take advantage of nick's tunes.

Maybe i am confused, i thought that because of the smoke i had plenty of fuel and the lift pump wouldnt do me any good but you are saying that because of the smoke, you can tell i need a pump?
I can tell you need a lift pump because you get 1093s and because there is a LOT of fuel in that tune and you own a lly that need a shim in the relief valve or a race valve

BigChief

Jun 29, 2009
ordered the race valve from ppe this morning.....God i hope this fixes it. Everytime i load nicks tune 425 tune, it has a 75mph speed limiter , or the 450 tune wont go above 2200

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
ordered the race valve from ppe this morning.....God i hope this fixes it. Everytime i load nicks tune 425 tune, it has a 75mph speed limiter , or the 450 tune wont go above 2200

I'd do the shim before trying the race valve, the shim usually fixes most folks problems.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

Maybe a op system error? Is it the same system? If the tune is built for your truck then Nick you know whats up:)

I have had issues with scripted tunes before also....Just a thought

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Sounds like a limp mode problem, possibly from lack of rail pressure.

BigChief

Jun 29, 2009
i sure hope so! Makes since cause the tunes will work for just a little bit and after the first time i get on it or so, it will go into that wierd limp mode.

BigChief

Jun 29, 2009
ok, got the kennedy lift pump installed. Very nice and easy. Truck runs alot better. Loaded up the duramaxtuner tune that i was having so much trouble with and no more wierd limiter at 2200!!!!!!!!!

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
ok, got the kennedy lift pump installed. Very nice and easy. Truck runs alot better. Loaded up the duramaxtuner tune that i was having so much trouble with and no more wierd limiter at 2200!!!!!!!!!

Good News :happy2: But, still do the shim mod or race valve to get the most out of your truck :cool2: