Any Vegas Peep's run Midnight Mayhem?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
We are going to be in Vegas 10-14 to 10-17...

Anyone one going on 10-16? Might take car out Friday night and see what Spooky can do:driving:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
PS- I know they normally don't prep the track. But, since Frank Hawley drag school will be using the track Tuesday-Friday hopefully there will be some prep left:devil:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
a V?...

Kat looks like my mom might be getting a 2010 CTS-V :eek: would you recommend it?

Yes, I like my car haven't had any problems probably have just over 3000 miles on him. Problem is in So Cal no place really to drive him like he could be driven :baby: He is thirsty though :eek: Only average about 11.5, with mostly city driving worst then Wendy.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Yes, I like my car haven't had any problems probably have just over 3000 miles on him. Problem is in So Cal no place really to drive him like he could be driven :baby: He is thirsty though :eek: Only average about 11.5, with mostly city driving worst then Wendy.

Her 05 CTS-V gets terrible mpg too something like 12.5

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I go to midnight mayhem once in awhile.

IT Blows!

You get maybe 1 run in right when you get there because you make a pass before you can get into the pits, and then its like an hour wait for another run. One night I made 3 passes and I was there from 8pm till 1:30am another night I was there the same time and only got 1 pass. It is filled with ricers and junk. I am usually the only vehicle there in the 12s and the next fastest is like a 14. Every onece in a while there will be a few 12 second cars, and a few 13 second cars. And if your lucky a 10-11 second car will make a pass.

An if 1 car breaks and gets fluid on the track, you might as well leave. The shitty part is you have to be in the gate by 9pm to be allowed to run. Then if you hang out till close you can prolly stuff 2 passes in as a lot of people leave almost at the end. You can just show up at midnight and expect 2 passes cause they close the entrance off.

There usually is about 50 ricers, maybe 30-40 mustangs and f-bodys, 15-20 bikes and then 10 trucks (mostly gassers, if theres any diesels there it will be like 2 and 9 times out of 10 running high 14s.)

what I am saying plan on over 100 cars trying to run in 5 hours. You will get more than 1 pass in if zero cars break lol

bring a helmet, registration and insurance, thats all. Leave the booze and guns at home cause they fully search your vehicle and then run a wand over you out of the car to check for weapons.

Best bet would be to look for a wed. afternoon test n' tune. Theres usually only about 20 cars there and it goes from about 6 to 9 or 10. You have to be running like 13.99s or faster I think.

Last edited:

Fat_Robi

I may be wrong, but...
Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV / Provo,UT
I went a few times about a year ago and it was not bad at all. No search or wand at that point either. I got 7 passes in on one night and other nights not quite that many. I guess I had a much better experience.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Hmm I wonder if I can talk them into letting me make a pass or 2 at driving school... Maybe if I offer them to make a pass in it also ? :witch:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Aww yes the CTS-V man I'll tell ya what. Probably still one of my favoriting race's to date.. Awhile ago when my truck was alot less powerful than it is now I gotta chance to line up with one. I'm the kinda guy that likes to leave first from the light no matter what, apperently this ol guy was too haha. Got to about 15 mph before I finally hammered down after gently increasing peddle pressure and him doing the same thing. I stayed a hair infront of him till about 75 before we ran outta room.. Yes those car's define the word Baddass.

hoot

Aug 5, 2009
Chevy%20Vega%2012-05-05.jpg

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Having trouble with that one, somehow I just don't picture you in a Caddy.:D Escalade maybe but a real car???:eek:

What can a say:D... I love driving the vette, but since it only has 2 seats isn't practical :( It still might end up being a Sunday car :eek: I still like driving Wendy.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Having trouble with that one, somehow I just don't picture you in a Caddy.:D Escalade maybe but a real car???:eek:
They're pretty BA, Ken. Supercharged and something like 550 HP. :driving: