Any of you guys watching that show MOONSHINE?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Anyway I have watched the first to episodes and I'm really confused by the actual realism of the show. Is it bullshit or real?

Are there really people still today making Shine for sale as implied?
Are they that stupid to show their face ,show their place of resident. all the while doing something illegal?
I mean really look at this guy Tim ,for crying out loud he's the Captain of the volunteer fire department. Does he not believe there will be repercussions?

After all you also have ABC authority chasing individuals.

I like these types of shows but I don't know how authentic this one is going to be. I just wonder if others are watching and scratching their heads going WTF is he begging to get caught, now, later , or is he already getting tag teamed by Bubba in Cell block C?

Confused! Whats next Pot growers? Meth cookers?

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I remember seeing a commercial for a pot growers show on the history channel I think. Damned if I can remember the name now but I remember the commercial. One guy even says "any day we get to go home and not go to jail is a good day". I was like wtf is that real or what, thought the same thing about the moonshiner show.

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
its probably real. and the law cant do anything unless they can prove that these guys are making moonshine. for all they know its water and sugar mixed. there is several pot growing short series out there that are legit. and they are actually good shows

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
You know what I recall that commercial also about the Pot growing show. :D

I hear ya on they gotta see you doing it but he's clearly saying on camera he's making Shine also gathering everything he needs to process it. I just don't understand I guess where the loop hole lies when the title of the show is Moonshine they show him gathering setting up everything and talking about Moonshine all the while doing it on camera and then not get popped?

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
What channel is it on? This is the second thread I've seen on this show (CompD).

My family "use to" make it ;) I'm going to shut up now :rofl:

Ah, to live back in the day...I would have definitely ran shine.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
What channel is it on? This is the second thread I've seen on this show (CompD).

My family "use to" make it ;) I'm going to shut up now :rofl:

Ah, to live back in the day...I would have definitely ran shine.

I've often thought about that to. How fun would it have been to haul ass and run from the cops dukes of hazzard style in a duramax! I'd probably be dead :D

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
The show is on the discovery channel along with "weed wars" lol this is the show about growing medical Mary Jane !! Lmao

Built motor , duel fuelers , 60's overs , gtx4202r

chevy_dmax

Apr 30, 2008
Gladstone, MO
Popcorn is a rather famous shiner, Popcorn is dead. Rip Popcorn Sutton.

I also am curious as to how Tim is going to get away with being fire chief and on the show in the big town of Climax. I bet they got in trouble with the law and the discovery lawyers getting sentence reduced to do show, something like that.

Bill.

scrotom

May 11, 2011
Anyway I have watched the first to episodes and I'm really confused by the actual realism of the show. Is it bullshit or real?

Are there really people still today making Shine for sale as implied?
Are they that stupid to show their face ,show their place of resident. all the while doing something illegal?
I mean really look at this guy Tim ,for crying out loud he's the Captain of the volunteer fire department. Does he not believe there will be repercussions?

After all you also have ABC authority chasing individuals.

I like these types of shows but I don't know how authentic this one is going to be. I just wonder if others are watching and scratching their heads going WTF is he begging to get caught, now, later , or is he already getting tag teamed by Bubba in Cell block C?

Confused! Whats next Pot growers? Meth cookers?

Yes people still make shine and sell it. google popcorn sutton...dead now but a decent read. The show seemed a bit dramatic though. If your ever in western North Carolina look us up and we'll get you a taste:spit:

Bobcat

Dec 5, 2008
Making shine is still alive and well here. lol Also Georgia, Arkansas, Tennesee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio and probably a lot more states. Popcorn was pretty famous around the Maggie Valley NC area for making it. A few years back Junior Johnson's former crew chief got busted with a still. I like good shine but like apple or peach brandy made with apples or peaches the ripest, rottenest ones you can find. in the mash better. Clear just like shine but has an apple or peach after taste.

Last edited:

dmaxdaddy

Powersport Enthusiast
Dec 4, 2010
WV
I'm wondering if this is his last time. He made the comment that his grand dad and father and he all have made shine and that he wants to show his son how it's made. He also said they were leaving those pots behind when they were done. Not sure why they would do that unless they weren't going to need them in the future or wanted people to believe that. I think it would be hard to go back to business as usual after this show. What's with the overalls? It feels as though a lot of this show is staged. Why put the propane cylinders under the trailer to be filled at night. He could have slowly filled those over the "offseason". It just seems as though they are trying hard to sell it and shouldn't have to.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Theses shows are just soap operas for men. I do watch a few of them though.

I got a bit of family in the south and they have some good recipes.:thumb:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Popcorn is a rather famous shiner, Popcorn is dead. Rip Popcorn Sutton.

I also am curious as to how Tim is going to get away with being fire chief and on the show in the big town of Climax. I bet they got in trouble with the law and the discovery lawyers getting sentence reduced to do show, something like that.

Bill.

Thats what I'm saying once I seen the second episode and that he was on the Fire Department squad! Talk about digging a hole. Also with having his kid with him brings additional charges risk of injury to a minor while committing a felony! I just cant see him using the TV show as his defense. UM judge it's just a documentary on the history of manufacturing and distribution of Moonshine we were just making Corn Chowder!

Making shine is still alive and well here. lol Also Georgia, Arkansas, Tennesee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio and probably a lot more states. Popcorn was pretty famous around the Maggie Valley NC area for making it. A few years back Junior Johnson's former crew chief got busted with a still. I like good shine but like apple or peach brandy made with apples or peaches the ripest, rottenest ones you can find. in the mash better. Clear just like shine but has an apple or peach after taste.

Man I'd like a Jug of each please! That Brandy sounds awesome hook me up! ;)

Especially the Apple!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I'm wondering if this is his last time. He made the comment that his grand dad and father and he all have made shine and that he wants to show his son how it's made. He also said they were leaving those pots behind when they were done. Not sure why they would do that unless they weren't going to need them in the future or wanted people to believe that. I think it would be hard to go back to business as usual after this show. What's with the overalls? It feels as though a lot of this show is staged. Why put the propane cylinders under the trailer to be filled at night. He could have slowly filled those over the "offseason". It just seems as though they are trying hard to sell it and shouldn't have to.

Yup I heard that also being his last time. Well I guess so because your prolly gonna be in jail. He'll be making Jail House shine next year. The propane collection makes sense in the off season as does the sugar they need but they have to wait for the corn harvest. Maybe he's trying to multi task saving fuel as the propane ,sugar and corn are all near one another. Who knows maybe he doesn't want the tanks hanging around full. See how rusty they are? I wonder if they are up to code and have the new style fills on them. :D

You know they're out of date! They're probably ready to leak at any moment. No doubt there is some staging going on,all those shows are like that I'm sure.Thats why he's wearing overalls trying to make him look like some down south hic farmer. I'm going to keep watching and see what happens.