Amp with Bose

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
So I have an aftermarket Boss head unit. All stock bose speaker package with the bose. I am installing 2 10inch subs. I dont know if subs are the way I want to go so im just maching stuff up. What do I need to do to just run an amp for the subs and nothing else? I know there is a stock amp that in the truck used when the bose package is in your truck. Im very new to the stereo stuff forgive the dumb questions.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
You can tap into the speaker to get speaker level signals if your amp supports it. Or use the balanced line levels. Depends on what your amp is capable of using. Personally I'd use the balanced lines coming out of the radio and before going into the bose amp. Does your Boss unit have aux outputs that you can use?

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
You can tap into the speaker to get speaker level signals if your amp supports it. Or use the balanced line levels. Depends on what your amp is capable of using. Personally I'd use the balanced lines coming out of the radio and before going into the bose amp. Does your Boss unit have aux outputs that you can use?
Yes it has aux outputs. So basically wire it up just like normal coming out of the auxiliary output to the amp and then the sub and never touch the bose amp? Do I need to get anything special for it?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
As you have an aftermarket head unit already just wire the amp like you would any car using the pre-outs and amp signal wire from the head unit.