Allison 1000 rebuild

Bryce R.

Mar 8, 2022
Hey all,

I have ant 05 LLY single wheel 3/4 ton that I'm going to be building a tranny for (as I know the current one won't last long where this truck will go for work). Truck doesn't have much for mods, EFIlive, EGR delete, S&B turbo mouthpiece and mishimoto rad/intercooler/trans cooler. I'm not honestly sure what the EFI tune is at for HP gain, I'm assuming it's a relatively mild tune (40ish HP?) I'm curious on what people are suggesting for clutches, GPZ/G3's? Or others? Truck gets alot of shock on the driveline as it will go from dry dirt, to a foot of mud then back to dry repeatedly while loaded and driving at roughly 20-30 MPH. I'm looking for something that will handle the shock load and in theory "be bulletproof" but still drive like a stock transmission. (It gets zero racing on it, but the stock transmissions on anything we bring up to work don't last more than about 6 months) If there is other mods you guys would suggest, billet shafts/clutch hubs or upgraded planetaries or anything I'm definately open to listening. My original thought was Alto G3's with a transgo shift kit and possibly billet shafts. Let's hear your opinion!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
give Inglewood transmission a call. Evan or Mike will know exactly what you need and can set you up if you want

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Call inglewood. you may want some billet parts but Evan or Mike will get you setup.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
There's quite a bit you can and can't get away with at that power level. Right now clutch availability isn't the best but it's certainly coming back. As for the TransGo shift kit, you can use the JR but DO NOT use the full TransGo 5spd kit. You will also want to get a RatioTek pressure kit as well as Mike's trim springs.

If you buy a quality kit from a vendor on here (Inglewood, myself, Danville, or Top Notch Garage) you can't go wrong.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
There's quite a bit you can and can't get away with at that power level. Right now clutch availability isn't the best but it's certainly coming back. As for the TransGo shift kit, you can use the JR but DO NOT use the full TransGo 5spd kit. You will also want to get a RatioTek pressure kit as well as Mike's trim springs.

If you buy a quality kit from a vendor on here (Inglewood, myself, Danville, or Top Notch Garage) you can't go wrong.

Clutches are good. Kolenes seem to be getting difficult again.