Allison 10 speed tuning?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
After talking to the guy more, it is specifically grade braking that he is disgusted with. I have yet to be in the truck nor any other 10 speed, can you guys clarify if you can shut it off??

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
After talking to the guy more, it is specifically grade braking that he is disgusted with. I have yet to be in the truck nor any other 10 speed, can you guys clarify if you can shut it off??

what doesnt he like about it? i cant say ive tried to not use it but i think normal mode reduces it coming on (was in normal mode while towing once). turning the turbo brake off makes it pretty ineffective too

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
what doesnt he like about it? i cant say ive tried to not use it but i think normal mode reduces it coming on (was in normal mode while towing once). turning the turbo brake off makes it pretty ineffective too
Sounds like he doesn't like how aggressive it is, down shifting and holding a gear while empty.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Sounds like he doesn't like how aggressive it is, down shifting and holding a gear while empty.

Is the cruise control on? I believe the newer trucks will downshift even empty if the cruise is on and it exceeds the set speed.