Allilocker/Tapshifter?

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Question:

Most drag racers are concerned about consistent lockup and the forced apply and some are concerned with hurting the apply solenoid, but many truck pullers are more concerned with the forced unlock at the end of the pull (without it, trucks tend to stall if drivers don't throw the shifter into neutral).

I know some are concerned about the direct 12V signal possibly burning up the solenoid, but for those just looking for forced unlock I would image that would be ZERO concern.

If the converter locks well on it's own, then all a puller would need to do is leave the Lock switch unlatched (UP) with the Bypass switch disengaged (LED off) to start the pull, and when they want to force unlock the TCC at the end of the pull just hit the Bypass switch (LED on), and unlock the converter with no chance of hurting the solenoid. When done just hit the Bypass switch back to disengaged for normal TCM operation.

Is this statement correct.

Last edited:

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Question:

Most drag racers are concerned about consistent lockup and the forced apply and some are concerned with hurting the apply solenoid, but many truck pullers are more concerned with the forced unlock at the end of the pull (without it, trucks tend to stall if drivers don't throw the shifter into neutral).

I know some are concerned about the direct 12V signal possibly burning up the solenoid, but for those just looking for forced unlock I would image that would be ZERO concern.

If the converter locks well on it's own, then all a puller would need to do is leave the Lock switch unlatched (UP) with the Bypass switch disengaged (LED off) to start the pull, and when they want to force unlock the TCC at the end of the pull just hit the Bypass switch (LED on), and unlock the converter with no chance of hurting the solenoid. When done just hit the Bypass switch back to disengaged for normal TCM operation.

Is this statement correct.

That would be a true statement!

Caleb