Album pictures

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Anyone know how to add pictures to an album. Haven't done it in a few years so I can't remember for the life of me.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
On my phone it's at the very bottom left of the album. It has a button for uploading a photo

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sorry to be no help, Sean. Ive actually never made a picture album here. Ive only ever uploaded pics to my garage way-back-when.

Benny315

Benny
Feb 11, 2019
Backwoods, Savannah, NY
For here and a few other websites I have my phone set up to view as desktop version, alot easier to search and see everything. Log in, click user cp, then click my profile, click on an album and at top and bottom there is button to add pics. The only problem is you can only hold so many pics depending on data size. Hope this helps.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
There is a limit in place on the pics you can store on the site. The server is limited on capacity and uploading pics is an easy way to quickly fill the capacity.

Fish and I are looking into possibly changing that or getting rid of the limit all together on the new forum but won’t know for a little bit.

I personally use Tapatalk or imgur for hosting my pics online

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So, should we just ship you all of our old hard drives for additional space :roflmao:

no, it’s all based on our host as to what we pay space for. There is a size to cost ratio I have to work with lol. We’ve got to look more deeply on the back end as to what pics are taking for space (might have already but I can’t remember) and then decide from there.

I would prefer to be unlimited for you guys so if any other free pic hosting site pulls a “photobucket”, it won’t matter as we will have them here. But again, all costs we have to look into.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Its too bad you cant just build your own server/storage system. TBs are cheap right now.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
No kidding wouldnt that be nice. It looks like I can only have 30 pictures and I have 15 now after deleting 15 to be able to add the ones I wanted

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
no, it’s all based on our host as to what we pay space for. There is a size to cost ratio I have to work with lol. We’ve got to look more deeply on the back end as to what pics are taking for space (might have already but I can’t remember) and then decide from there.

I would prefer to be unlimited for you guys so if any other free pic hosting site pulls a “photobucket”, it won’t matter as we will have them here. But again, all costs we have to look into.

James, is there any way you can implement like a "compression" tool for all new uploads to shrink their size? I know there would likely be a quality loss but it shouldn't be too bad while still killing file sizes. IE if I upload a new image it goes through the typical upload procedure but on the backend it gets compressed before I submit my reply/post without the user having to actually use a compression software.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
James, is there any way you can implement like a "compression" tool for all new uploads to shrink their size? I know there would likely be a quality loss but it shouldn't be too bad while still killing file sizes. IE if I upload a new image it goes through the typical upload procedure but on the backend it gets compressed before I submit my reply/post without the user having to actually use a compression software.

Ill see what the new site has but im fairly certain that will come with it. For right now, its not worth the cost to add that in to the current forum.