AirDog customer service?

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
At your girlfriends house
Airdog II 165 motor took a chit over the weekend. Called just now and talked to tech dept and man what a joke. Dude was rude af and wants $299 for a new motor. No sense of humor at all. I bought this unit used last winter from a friend so theres no warranty card to send in as he just had it laying around from a customers truck. I get the warranty card part (which is stupid anyways if your product is good) but 299 is for something that they warranty out for free is just rubbing me the wrong way somehow. Now I dont know if I want to go with another brand and pay their full price for the principle of this or take it in the azz and just buy another airdog motor.

Henry you get any deals on these?

Chris

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Henry hasnt been around in a long long time. Might want to PM Brad, he may be able to help.

IIRC, Airdog's warranty was only to the original purchaser, wasnt it?

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
At your girlfriends house
Well hell sorry to hear about Henry. Its been awhile for myself as well but this will always be my go to place for advice and help.

Idk what their warranty is. Just cant stand the warranty that tries to skirt the protections of the consumer. I get it isnt under warranty but 299 seems a bit high for something others get for free all the while the unit has already been paid for just like the guy getting it for free. Guess its like window warranties in a house.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Henry hasnt been around in a long long time. Might want to PM Brad, he may be able to help.

IIRC, Airdog's warranty was only to the original purchaser, wasnt it?
Nothing we as dealers can do, it comes down to registering the warranty. Sadly my price would be identical as his on this part.

Well hell sorry to hear about Henry. Its been awhile for myself as well but this will always be my go to place for advice and help.

Idk what their warranty is. Just cant stand the warranty that tries to skirt the protections of the consumer. I get it isnt under warranty but 299 seems a bit high for something others get for free all the while the unit has already been paid for just like the guy getting it for free. Guess its like window warranties in a house.
If your friend was the original owner and registered the pump have him call in and they'll replace it. If he didn't send in the card go give him a punch in the arm for costing you $299.

It does suck they were rude, that's the first time I've heard that about AirDog. FASS I've had them be quite rude on the phone even as a dealer and act like I'm not worth their time which was the final straw. We used to sell TONS of FASS pumps, now I avoid them.

I get the frustration but also think about it from their end, you gave them absolutely zero money on this pump (IE purchasing it from a dealer) and now want them to give you free parts for this failure. It sucks but as a business owner I understand their stance.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've run into this in the past when a warranty card isn't sent in. The nice thing about paying $299 (at least when I've done it) is they give you a new warranty card so if another failure happens in the future, it will be covered. As far as the warranty goes, it only covers the original purchaser IF the card was sent in to register the pump. That's one down side of buying a used pump. I hope you didn't give your friend much for it.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I've run into this in the past when a warranty card isn't sent in. The nice thing about paying $299 (at least when I've done it) is they give you a new warranty card so if another failure happens in the future, it will be covered. As far as the warranty goes, it only covers the original purchaser IF the card was sent in to register the pump. That's one down side of buying a used pump. I hope you didn't give your friend much for it.
This is what I didn't know. I've never been in that situation before so that's good to know. Hopefully that's standard for everyone.