Acting around other Dmax drivers

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Mechanic owned... Hmm Id prefer a "Technician owned" truck myself!.. Nonetheless, I don't like to egg on any diesels actually, The last vehicle that drove like an a** around me was a pimped out prius, I pulled out nice and easy because i seen him in the distance and with the 100 over injectors i didnt want to light into it and him think i was another one of the smoke blowers, well after he cut me off and almost caused an accident between the cars in front of me, i wished at that time i had let her rip!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
What's the difference? It's kind of like the difference between a secretary and an administrative assistant to me.
Where I'm from a few years of education is the usually the difference in the title. Doesn't mean the truck is going to be any better owned by one or the other though.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I look for a race everyday I'm in my truck, just more fun that way! But I don't go around blowing smoke anywhere. My race tune in the LML is damn clean now, and the turbo lights stupid fast. Lag is the devil!!

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
How does yours look like a gasser? I'm going for a sleeper look myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between having 2 leaves and no overload in the back slammed t bars. My exhaust is an axle dump that you can't see. Roll pan- though becoming very popular on diesels. No cab lights or badges whatsoever. And i think the lmm wheels and 285's just have a light duty look. Dark ass windows. Nothing obviously that a diesel couldn't have, it's just how people perceive it i guess. Guy at gateway thought it was a turbo gasser, maybe that muffler I have made it quieter than I thought? And the color matched "sport" mirrors.
-edit and I bet if I took off the fender flares it would really fool em.

Last edited:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I look for a race everyday I'm in my truck, just more fun that way! But I don't go around blowing smoke anywhere. My race tune in the LML is damn clean now, and the turbo lights stupid fast. Lag is the devil!!

Hummm. Mine smokes worse than my lmm ever did, maybe I heed a retune. You still running Korys tunes?

Edit just saw Josh did it...

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I race anything that will play, I never blow smoke, I usually ease up to them and roll into it enough the big turbo starts to sing and if they play, they play, if they don't, I move on.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I really want that 4202/5541 setup just to intimate even more with the air plane like noises they make lol

I play the famous "LBZ PPE dyno" as loud as my single cab LBZ sterio will play it as I take off from a red light, got a few odd looks sometimes.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Rarely ever see other dmax trucks round me, lots of PSD guys though. Kid down the block from me has a stack and loves to floor it in front of my house. :mad:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Honestly, anyone I see with stacks, I just automatically judge them

Tow mirrors out, stack in bed, lifted on gaudy wheels... perpetuating the stereotype.

I wonder if they know they are living the stereotype or just accept their fate?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
All the coal roller dmax dusche canoes around here seriously make me want to have a halfton pickup. They used to make me a lot of money, now I don't even like working on their stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
What sucks is a lot of them where I live know that blowing smoke gives diesel a bad name, but still do it,

For example, a few guys will post instagram pics blowing black smoke but put the hashtag #cleandiesel next to it, just poking fun of the cleaner tuning side of things