LB7: AC-Delco or MishiMoto radiator?

dirty_maxxbob

Jan 19, 2015
ca
Im on the fence about which radiator to buy, a new stock or the MishiMoto. My stocker has lived a nice 315k life and is giving up the ghosts. It has some nice cracks running length wise on the plastic side caps. So if anyone has some experience with the MishiMoto please chime in and let me know, GOOD or BAD!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ive heard some not so good stuff about the Mishimoto rads/intercoolers about a year or so ago. No idea if they have fixed these issues. they swapped to a cheaper supplier when all this stuff happened.

jpowel29

Feb 1, 2008
Bentonville, Arkansas
My Mishimoto radiator lasted 2.5yrs and then the core started seeping. The intercooler is still holding strong (I pressure/leak test it once a year to keep an eye on it).

I wish their radiators would hold up longer because it did a much better job of cooling the engine/trans. Went back with a cheap stock replacement.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I've got a Spectra premium in mine, put it in back August of 09. I did have to snug up the retainers that hold the trans cooler in because it was seeping around them, but it's been fine since. Way to many people have had there mishimotos corrode through from what appears to be electrolisis. Mishimoto always blames the truck, I even seen 1 where they blamed his cab bushings for his lbz radiator cracking and corroding through.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I have a Mishimoto in my Suburban, about a year and a half old. Seems OK so far. No catastrophic failure or leaking, at least, and the engine stays cool.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

dirty_maxxbob

Jan 19, 2015
ca
Looks like it’s a new stocker for me! 315k on mine and the only thing wrong is the crack on the plastic side cap from who knows how many heat cycles. Thanks everyone for the input, I’ve hurd the side caps separate and they corrode. Just wasn’t sure if things had maybe changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk