90%TPS on lock up controller

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
Ben, I'll try it this way. Just two tech questions, then we can move forward after that.

Is it possible to change lockup on the controller from 100% TPS to 90%TPS? How?

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
I'm guessing here....

I'm controller reads voltage off of the TPS.

Dallas what issues are you having?
yes, ben's controller read voltage off of TPS.

At Byron this last time, the controller worked right on first pass. Seven passes in a row afterwards it didn't work right. Issues were sporadic lock and not staying locked. I have all of the wires soldered. There are no taps anymore in the wiring. The final pass down there I resorted to using T/H mode with the controller and it worked ok. There was one quick unlock in 4th gear and then right as I crossed the beam it unlocked in 5th gear.

I talked this over with Bobo and he took the trans tune out and put the stock tune back in. No good. The next day I talked with bob again and I asked what he thought about asking if the controller could be switched from 100% to 90% TPS in case there is a communication malfunction in the computer. He thought it "could be" possible. I've asked and asked and no answer from Ben. Just want to get the controller working correctly 100%.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
yes, ben's controller read voltage off of TPS.

At Byron this last time, the controller worked right on first pass. Seven passes in a row afterwards it didn't work right. Issues were sporadic lock and not staying locked. I have all of the wires soldered. There are no taps anymore in the wiring. The final pass down there I resorted to using T/H mode with the controller and it worked ok. There was one quick unlock in 4th gear and then right as I crossed the beam it unlocked in 5th gear.

I talked this over with Bobo and he took the trans tune out and put the stock tune back in. No good. The next day I talked with bob again and I asked what he thought about asking if the controller could be switched from 100% to 90% TPS in case there is a communication malfunction in the computer. He thought it "could be" possible. I've asked and asked and no answer from Ben. Just want to get the controller working correctly 100%.

im farely certain i remember him tellin me/brian the box will go into lock up at 95% and above cause brian was worried his floor mat would hinder lock up again (only give him 96% throttle)

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
im farely certain i remember him tellin me/brian the box will go into lock up at 95% and above cause brian was worried his floor mat would hinder lock up again (only give him 96% throttle)

Ok, I would like for Ben to explain to me why this thing will not hold lock then. When it unlocks and locks is so random, I'm lost as to what the deal is. When I looked at the log it showed 100% TPS. Also, it doesn't matter which tune I'm in. The very first run when it locked and stayed locked was DSP3. I changed tunes to DSP4, fought it so I went back to DSP3. Fought it two passes. Etc

tkniss

Apr 25, 2012
FWIW. Mine seems to be doing the same thing. It worked great, then last couple passes, it would random unlock/lock as it went through the gears. All connections are soldered. Mine however, does not like being in Tow/haul, and never has.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
FWIW. Mine seems to be doing the same thing. It worked great, then last couple passes, it would random unlock/lock as it went through the gears. All connections are soldered. Mine however, does not like being in Tow/haul, and never has.

Does the light stay green when it locks/unlocks? Or does the light go out when it unlocks?

Does it still do the unlock/lock thing when you MANUALLY force-lockup (with the green button)?? Or does it only do it when in "auto" mode?

I need to know the exact conditions under which it acts sporadically...