Info: .83 AR for 73mm turbine wheel

DuramaxRamRod

Oct 11, 2014
NH
This thread is over 3yrs old since the last reply.

I've talked to a few guys who've used them on smaller chargers with decent results but nobody I've seen has done much with them on an S369 in the Duramax world.
Most of the contributors are still active here.

Mostly trying to figure out if I can have my cake and eat it too with a fast spooling single and using a wastegate on the top end to regulate drive pressure.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
If you mod the housing maybe. The gate ports inside the housing are anemic and the OEM cover also stops the flaps from fully opening. I know of a few guys who've done some extensive work on the housings and seen gains but they also aren't selling those housings.

What mods? What usage?

DuramaxRamRod

Oct 11, 2014
NH
If you mod the housing maybe. The gate ports inside the housing are anemic and the OEM cover also stops the flaps from fully opening. I know of a few guys who've done some extensive work on the housings and seen gains but they also aren't selling those housings.

What mods? What usage?
I've seen the modded covers to give the wastgate more travel and also drilling the ports larger while still being covered by the disks.

L5P with 100's trying to get more on top of the charger while cruising over my 472 if the .91 housing had a wastegate I'd jump on that and worry less about drive pressure.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Sorry hadn't seen the other response from a few years ago. I am now running a S369 1.0ar/S488 1.15ar compound setup. I found out that the 1.0 housing, at least in the compound setup actually built boost faster, spool up took a bit longer, but was able to accelerate faster after it started building boost. So if your going to try to run the smaller housing and get the best spool and power I would a proper external wastegate. Probably could run a light spring 8-10 pound and run a boost line to the top of the gate so that the gate would make up for the cfm of the small housing. Probably would need a 40-50mm wastegate to make it work properly.

Reactions: DuramaxRamRod

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you're talking about one of the internally gated T3 housings, I wouldn't waste my time with those.