60% overs with a danville 2.5 turbo?

KTOG

May 2, 2013
I hope my truck holds up for the daily driving part. Do you have first gear delete for pulling or do you put the skinny pedal to the floor from the start? Some tell me there is no need to spool the 2.5 66mm

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I hope my truck holds up for the daily driving part. Do you have first gear delete for pulling or do you put the skinny pedal to the floor from the start? Some tell me there is no need to spool the 2.5 66mm

3rd gear start.
35" truxis sts
Fully locked
Leave at 15 psi with my foot to the floor.
This is 2 years ago maybe 3

http://www.eastcoastpullersllc.com/results-2012/07-24-AGEXPO/07-24-AGEXPO.php

Those are the results of the pull. I hope that clears up any confusion.

from mobile

Last edited:

KTOG

May 2, 2013
Ohh okay how do you like the 3rd gear start? Do you have a stall? Bc I have a triple disc sun coast 1057:rofl:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I was running ppe so it was close to the 1057.
Tc locked and everything no prob.

I start in 4th with 33" atx now

But I have a different setup
150% inj
Dual fuel
72/87/1.00
Cam headwork etc.

If you want to win you need to have 3rd gear start power.

from mobile

KTOG

May 2, 2013
Have any pics? Im looking something like that and cheap. I have JD weights.

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
First of all it's amazing how strong a dual fueled truck with a 4094 looks compared to a couple of bone stock trucks. Trust me Mr. Moser was all about bragging that truck up. Second of all the guy who finished second that night was me. 347 feet on a bone stock truck down to the tranny that limped on the way to the pull. Truck doesn't seem so awesome now. Quit leading the op on that your truck is so "stock".

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
First of all it's amazing how strong a dual fueled truck with a 4094 looks compared to a couple of bone stock trucks. Trust me Mr. Moser was all about bragging that truck up. Second of all the guy who finished second that night was me. 347 feet on a bone stock truck down to the tranny that limped on the way to the pull. Truck doesn't seem so awesome now. Quit leading the op on that your truck is so "stock".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kQXNKtpS0w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

One of my techs driving my truck a few years ago.
Setup was close to what you want.

from mobile

I never said stock, I said the same setup that the op wanted. And yes everyone hooks there "bonestock" trucks to a sled lol

Are you saying the Danville turbo is not a good option sir?

Or are you still crying that whenever a cfd truck comes out you loose?

And Chad you must be talking about MT ALto where we actually had to press the brake to stop before we went rampid through a cornfield.

You know better than to hook your truck to a 3.0 sled.

edit: added original posting

Last edited:

rollingthecoal

Feb 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fJhu53IMKA

What about this stock truck that broke a driveshaft and still beat you by 10 feet... with my 3rd $250 Chinese turbo...

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
I'm not crying about anything. You guys can pat your self on the back all you want. And I'd be more than happy to pull against you guys again next summer. I'll be pulling points series with Eisenharts new WS class and WS out with FPP. I'm sure you guys will be more than happy to come out and have your trucks teched for the series. Eisenhart's series is stock appearing 66mm and the other is stock charger drop in wheel's allowed.

All I'm saying is DO NOT lie to the op about setups. He's trying to get an idea of what to expect and you're flat out making stuff up. I know you guys at CFD are experts in that field but the hood was popped on that truck that night and I know what I saw. He did not ask about a 4094 or dual fuelers....

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
I have to laugh you keep talking about 3.0 but in reality you are telling on yourself. There's a reason you couldn't sign up for anything less. If it were really stock appearing wouldn't you have ran ws at antrim? or 2.6?? :roflmao:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
The turbo in those videos was a danville stage 2.5 .
The injectors were 45% over.
Obviously the truck had plenty of fuel.
At antrim we had twins. So we pulled exhibition.
Chad I don't remember any pull you have ever beat me or Evan.
You just cried and cried our truck is not stock.

So if you don't know what's under the hood just let it go.

Danville makes great turbos and anyone here will agree. They perform so good it has guys like you saying there is no way the turbo is stock appearing. Lol

How many trucks do we have?
How many different turbos?
It would be easy for you to be confused by which one it was that beat you that night.

from mobile