6.7 Powerchoke kill

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Bottom line, any idiot can say fords this, chevy that, i own both and u couldnt pay me to buy another pos ford. Id sell mine right now if they held any resale. Complete junk.

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
Bottom line, any idiot can say fords this, chevy that, i own both and u couldnt pay me to buy another pos ford. Id sell mine right now if they held any resale. Complete junk.

I second your opinion about Fords. My supervisior, who's 6.0 liter ruined no fewer than 5 family vacations, while towing a 5th wheel, stated "Ford is a criminal enterprise." He had the turbo blow apart on one trip, another trip he pulled in for fuel. After fueling up, the truck would not start, because the main computer fried itself........this is on a stock F-250. Another issue was the EGR and head gaskets. On another co-workers F-250, the truck had to be lemoned, due to mechanical problems. Just go to the Ford Diesel Truck forums and read the nightmares that owners are having with the new trucks and their crappy transmissions. Cushy nice interiors are one thing, but having something get you from point A to B while towing a load, or being used as a truck was intended, is what it's all about.

BLKLMM

<<< Slow Mamba
Jan 31, 2010
Oceanside
I drove a new furd to AZ NHRDA 2011 :D interior is nice thats it...slow pos...still would
nt trade it for my lmm;)

nasty6.6

yes sir......
Mar 22, 2009
San Angelo, TX
LMAO here we go:rofl:

id drive a king ranch 6.0 any day even the 03 04 model you know the really bad one...

I agree with bigstrokin any truck can be nice and I understand this is a duramax site but there are some nice fords and dodges out there too. oh and didnt a ford take dpc this year! just sayin.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
My stock 06 with 99,000+ miles on it took a 2012 stock F350. He was hard to the floor and I was at 1/2 throttle on the phone with him talking crap. I walked away from him with no issues.

The 3.53's in the 2012 I raced did not help its performance, nor did it have enough miles to be broke in. It was way to easy to leave it at the line. And easier to leave on the lot when both of my trucks are paid for and that thing was $50k after the discount.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
LMAO here we go:rofl:

id drive a king ranch 6.0 any day even the 03 04 model you know the really bad one...

I agree with bigstrokin any truck can be nice and I understand this is a duramax site but there are some nice fords and dodges out there too. oh and didnt a ford take dpc this year! just sayin.
They sure didnt win it on horsepower :rofl:

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
My stock 06 with 99,000+ miles on it took a 2012 stock F350. He was hard to the floor and I was at 1/2 throttle on the phone with him talking crap. I walked away from him with no issues.

The 3.53's in the 2012 I raced did not help its performance, nor did it have enough miles to be broke in. It was way to easy to leave it at the line. And easier to leave on the lot when both of my trucks are paid for and that thing was $50k after the discount.

First of all your not beating anything at half throttle and someone else is at full throttle. Your truck also isn't brand new so i would hope it was paid for as I dont see that point in your story. Each brand has it's goods and bads. Before the LML the GM's was easy to make big power with. Now it's different. I loved my GM trucks. I would take a new Ford if my plan was to use it as it was intended but if I was looking for something to race around with then the obvious choice is a GM.

fix-it man

Nov 25, 2011
I know lots of guys with fords that swear by them, both 6.0s and 7.3s and even the 6.4, I do have to say the new ford interiors are probably the nicest out there, Dodge has really stepped up their pos interior for 2012 also, and the 2012 cummins runs like a raped ape. But what makes me never consider a Ford right now is that they havent changed the body style since 99. If ever a company needed a complete design overhaul it's ford. They've slapped so many new front ends and tailgates on the same doors and bed it's not even funny. Also if I buy a truck right now it would have to be a 2012 cummins because they don't need def like the duramax and powerstrokes do.
Don't get me wrong there will never be anything but a gm in our driveway, with my family owning a 2002 gmc 1500, 1998 454 2500, and an '06 lbz and '08 lmm, it's safe to say we prefer the nice ride and seats of a gm, along with all the power they make.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
IMOP, i hate the interior of ALL the new trucks. my 02 interior is still my absolute fav. No creaks, no rattles, no cracks, no broken plastic peices, leather seats are holding up MUCh better than trucks newer than it, dash has a very ergonomic feel for me, and everything is based off negitive triggers so i can atleast have a good idea on how to fix a problem without needing to try to trigger it with a scanner ;).

gundog

Mar 16, 2012
Sounds to me you just like talking out both sides of your ass. I've owened fords and they were in the shop more times then I can count. 5r100 better then the allison? Humm, lets see the internals are bigger in the allison so how is the 5r100 better, yeh you don't have a clue, again, just making things up to make yourself look good.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Sounds to me you just like talking out both sides of your ass. I've owened fords and they were in the shop more times then I can count. 5r100 better then the allison? Humm, lets see the internals are bigger in the allison so how is the 5r100 better, yeh you don't have a clue, again, just making things up to make yourself look good.

no offense but comparing the internals of an allison to a 5r100 can even be done. we are talking two completely different styles of internals and workings going on between those two trans.

gundog

Mar 16, 2012
True but pure strength takes mass or special alloys., but just to set the record strait, in 2011 ford upgraded their transmission from the 5r110 to the 6r140 so the 6.7 never had the 5r110. Just saying.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
True but pure strength takes mass or special alloys., but just to set the record strait, in 2011 ford upgraded their transmission from the 5r110 to the 6r140 so the 6.7 never had the 5r110. Just saying.

never said they did, your trying to compare the tras i stated above to the allison.

gundog

Mar 16, 2012
No you didn't. My point was if the 5r110 was so great why did ford feel the need to upgrade to the 6r140. I know two ranchers who own and love fords. One is on his second trans (07) and one is on his third (08) The statement that the 5r110 can hold 500-600rwh comes from no real world experence with towing. Take that big HP ford and stick 15,000lbs on it and see how long it lasts. I am not a ford hater and I hope the 6.7 and 6r140 become a great combination but only time will tell. And yes, the duramax has had its issues to but until time goes by the duramax/allison remains the best.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
threads that turn into ford vs chevy crack me up. We are on a gm forum....OF COARSE FORD SUCKS! I think we can all agree that ford is inferior to the dmax, thats why this is called DURAMAXdiesels and thats why we are on this forum and that is why we all bought duramax's. Can we give it a rest? and gundog, i dont know any retard that tows with 600rwhp....