6.5 diesel

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
One of my friends has a 6.5 he wants to make a little more power out of. What would be some worthwhile upgrades. Body is in mint shape to. Has 4 inch exhaust.

Already tried to convince him to drop a dmax in but no go. Even had an complete lb7 truck that needed head gaskets for 3000 lined up for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Things differ if mechanical vs electronic injection, and if electronic if OBD I vs OBD II. That said, in general, you can go nuts and spend a lot of money to make an honest and reliable 300 hp.

I didn't do that. I went for reliability and a bit more pep. Exhaust, cat delete, intake improvement and a Kennedy chip made mine fun and reliable.

Any more detail on your friend's truck?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Exhaust should be first for any turbod 6.5l as the stock downpipe is restrictive to say the least. The k47 intake from a 97+ truck is the preferred intake, but s&b makes a cai. If its a 94+ electronic injection truck, then tuning plays a huge role, 93- were mechanical injection. And if you want to free it up, help the mpg, and let it make some power above 2200 rpm's, then replace the stock turbo with either an a team turbo, or one of the chinese knock off hx40's. Theres some stuff that can be done to wake em up and make them run ok, but it still wont run with a stock lb7 if you want it to hold up.