540hp/976ft lbs

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Unfortunately, the converter won't hold... Trans coming out, new suncoast going in along with Mike's PR spring...

Still not bad for a reliable DD running stock injectors/cp3...

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Converter brand is irrelevant. The trans still has a stock PR spring...no suncoast, no Mike L. It's a 2+ year old build with 35k miles on it. We'll yank it, change the two items and re-dyno. There we some other very respectable trucks there running stock turbos.

TQMONSTR

Nov 19, 2009
Canada
It was nice to see you there Jeff, even though i never did actually meet you. Looking forward to seeing what you put down when you get your issue fixed!:thumb:
What converter are you going with?

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Ya we never actually spoke, I don't even know which truck was yours.

I think I'm going to go Suncoast 1056 for streetability, use the Mike L spring and then make decision what to do next. As soon as the turbo lit it slipped. Instantly from 2000RPM to 2300RPM.

I was somewhat disappointed with Tim's Cummins, gotta get that timing fixed. 1352ft lbs was monstrous though. He pulls on me 3-4 truck lengths.

TQMONSTR

Nov 19, 2009
Canada
Brian was checking the dyno in the afternoon with my truck so i was the first one up. It was parked on the north side with the front end missing. That Cummins is a really nice truck. I thought it would do more too but i heard the timing is out or something. Not surprised at all that the two dodges made the most torque!

Last edited:

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Gotcha.

Yeah, that Cummins is ridiculous. Did you see the odometer on that thing? 495! It was the original long block until this year.

I just gotta figure out which converter to go with...

TQMONSTR

Nov 19, 2009
Canada
I have the 1056 in my truck right now. For what it's worth there is a 1057 at Walls that will be going in very shortly.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Well, I'm on the fence between the 1056, 1057 and the Mike L PI set up. One of the above has to get ordered monday.

My fear is having one that is too low of a stall for winter, when I typically only run an 80~RWHP tune and that the truck is a dog before it lights.

The truck is still a daily driver, hence the small turbo (SuperMax (64.5mm)).

I'm actually happy with the power output right now, I just want to get that last bugged worked out.

What I don't want to do is go totally nuts and end up with an unreliable, smokey, laggy pig that's always broken. This thing is still my DD, it's gotta do all the hauling for work, pull my boat and reliably and safely transport my kid around.

Next years plan is to completely re-do the body work....