5 speed to 6 speed conversion.

gtmax

Apr 9, 2008
Pic of VB is from LML or later, TCM regular old 5 speed. Interesting. Hi Mike in KY:)

Chavez91

People Go Outside?
May 30, 2012
Heh. Wouldn't you like to know
So Pink Slippers is just reselling Josh's idea/product, but taking credit for it ??

:confused:

Close, but not quite. ;)

I'd be happy if I could get consistent lockup at wot again. My swap will not shift right exvept with the infamous 01 TCM OS, and that's the ONLY OS that doesn't have the lockup table in it. I had it locking up good with stock injectors, but the 45 over sacs changed things a bit. Now it's a roll of the dice, like dealing with my wife.

Still tinkering with a fix for the 01. Though with all the testing I've done, the logic in the newer OS's is so much better as far as learning and achieving a good shift quality.

Also to mention, this is the only 6spd kit that works properly with the EDGE CTS/2 monitors or any PID displays. For those that have it, know that annoyance when you put it in drive and it shows park on the display and you get no gear or lockup display :thumb:

There will also be a proper Tap-Shift to go with this that will be ready soon.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I know it’s not a big deal to 06 and up guys but you never know what you are missing till you don’t have it. 6th gear kicks ass when you are in 4.56 gears and 37s :woot: :woot:

9ea24f78b13563f5a05fce2463ee6d8c.png

Use to be 2150 rpm at the same speed. It’s like I’m back on 3.73 gears but with all the grunt of 4.56 and quieter

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
I know it’s not a big deal to 06 and up guys but you never know what you are missing till you don’t have it. 6th gear kicks ass when you are in 4.56 gears and 37s :woot: :woot:

9ea24f78b13563f5a05fce2463ee6d8c.png

Use to be 2150 rpm at the same speed. It’s like I’m back on 3.73 gears but with all the grunt of 4.56 and quieter

Maybe I missed it but who’s kit is this and does it have the tap shifter??

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Yep!

Tapshift will begin testing in a few weeks.
So I have a Suncoast 6 speed conversion in a 2003 Suburban (no ODLO signal from the BCM, but Tow/Haul works). Couple questions for you.

1) Would the kit be any cheaper since I already have a 6-speed valve body? (Buy a new TCM is all??)

2) Will the tap shift work with the Suburban BCM?

I'm with James, 6th gear is awesome. Now I'm salivating for tapshift on my LB7 too :drool:

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
It's out an about now. Is there a reason we can the told who come up with this idea yet or how it even all works? Price range? Affordability!?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Did you read the thread? Chavez is doing the project I would sugest contacting him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Did you read the thread? Chavez is doing the project I would sugest contacting him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I guess I don't know who Chavez is, I'll pm him. I see lml hybrid in his sig, I'm only assuming he is up to some real cool stuff. I just thought that we would had more info on this, how it works and what it consists of. Thank you though

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It's out an about now. Is there a reason we can the told who come up with this idea yet or how it even all works? Price range? Affordability!?

It’s not “officially for sale” yet. You can say I’m beta testing for the year/model of the truck even though it’s kinda of a bastard being an lly ecm but running 02 tcm/os.

Chavez91

People Go Outside?
May 30, 2012
Heh. Wouldn't you like to know

Im assuming you meant "can't be told". lol
:hello:
It's me. Alot of stuff needed to get done today, been busy.

I only was informed of the final pricing today.

$1575 +$600 core on TCM/VB

Figured I'd get on here before bed to update.

So I have a Suncoast 6 speed conversion in a 2003 Suburban (no ODLO signal from the BCM, but Tow/Haul works). Couple questions for you.

1) Would the kit be any cheaper since I already have a 6-speed valve body? (Buy a new TCM is all??)

2) Will the tap shift work with the Suburban BCM?

I'm with James, 6th gear is awesome. Now I'm salivating for tapshift on my LB7 too :drool:

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

1.) Umm... at this current place in time with the initial release of it being today, its all staying together as one, as everything is calibrated for the setup I'm using. Being that VB is completely different, I wouldn't feel super comfortable using this CAL in it without testing it first.

This may change in the future with the ability to separate them.

2.) The one that I am designing will be compatible across all 01 - 05 years and will be fully compatible with 6th gear. Tow Haul will also have 6th gear capability and not be limited to 5th.