4094VVT Reviews

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Thinking about getting a Danville billet wheel 4094vvt. Seems to be a popular mod, so i figured i'd get some feedback on them. What does everyone that has one think? Driveability, spooling, overall performance, etc? Thanks

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
What are they asking for the billet wheel upgrade? Do they have a Batmowheel for the 4094avnt yet?

All of your questions are going to depend on who does your tuning. I am constatly changing the vain tables to get it just right. I dont know who is the best at tuning these but I'm sure Danville has to have it figured out by now.
On the DroidX

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
From Mark over on DF, "The only Billet wheels available for the 4094 and 4094VA is mine and they are awesome but it is not a batmowheel. I sell them seperately as well!" I saw where he said they were $350. Turbo with his wheel new is $1,995.

Sep 17, 2008
Racine,WI
IMHO they are laggy and have a poor exhaust housing,turbine . Watched a tuner try to tune one and was not pleased with the 4094vnt,. talked to many people with same result. Just my thoughts .

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
They are a bit laggy compared to a stocker. I cant wait to throw a billet wheel on mine once I get the remote mount finished.

How is spool up and overall performance with the billet wheel vs. cast wheel?

Who has the 4094avnt batmowheel?

On the DroidX

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
IMHO they are laggy and have a poor exhaust housing,turbine . Watched a tuner try to tune one and was not pleased with the 4094vnt,. talked to many people with same result. Just my thoughts .

You can not tune them like you would a stock turbo. If you try to close the vains too early they are extremely laggy. I would like to see how one would do with the cast flows and 2" up pipes. I know they really wake up a GT4094R.

On the DroidX

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
I don't think there is a Batmowheel for it. The only different wheel I know available is the Danville billet. There is a guy on DF that said with the Danville wheel it spooled much quicker.

"The billet wheel went into a 4094 on an LBZ, which I might add spools much more quickly than mine." -Smokinlmm

Headless_Horseman

Street Sleeper
Sep 27, 2011
Stn Mtn. Ga/Iraq
The billet wheel is supposed to help in spooling, also there are some other supporting mods you can do as well to help lit that thing quicker if you notice that much of a drop off. I have a Danville billet 4094 at the powder coater now getting done to be installed soon. I am looking forward to it when I get home next time. But stock motor should get you into the high 500 range maybe a tad bit more with other mods to assist.

Headless_Horseman

Street Sleeper
Sep 27, 2011
Stn Mtn. Ga/Iraq
But stock motor should get you into the high 500 range maybe a tad bit more with other mods to assist.

High 500 range is where I was always told it would get you on a bone stock motor. Throw in injectors, and clear up the air path to get more air in there and less restriction I would say in the 6's easy. With all that I have on my truck now and having the manifolds, Up-pipes, and EGR delete pipe being added too I am figuring on being at 600 to the rear wheels and that is fine by me. :thumb:

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
High 500 range is where I was always told it would get you on a bone stock motor. Throw in injectors, and clear up the air path to get more air in there and less restriction I would say in the 6's easy. With all that I have on my truck now and having the manifolds, Up-pipes, and EGR delete pipe being added too I am figuring on being at 600 to the rear wheels and that is fine by me. :thumb:

Why wouldn't that 4094 make close to 600 with stock CP3 and injectors? Seems like alot of guys are running 66mm turbos with stock injectors and CP3, are close to 600 or better. I'm not being a wise ass I almost ended up with a GT4094R instead of the 66, and I had a few people tell me not too, that they were unhappy with it and switched to something different. What makes it so bad, it is a 68mm right?

Headless_Horseman

Street Sleeper
Sep 27, 2011
Stn Mtn. Ga/Iraq
You're asking for close to 600 on a bone stock motor and thats what I have been saying the whole time. "High 500" range is close to 600, pardon my general assumption on ball parking numbers but you and I have been in agreeance on general HP numbers the whole time but keep dancing around each other. Yes it will get you high 5's...to be specific I was told 575 on bone stock everything. To me that is not far off of 600 that you asked for, then throw in some other mods to help with air flow and exhaust I sure you would be sitting at 600, dump bigger injectors, lower the pw, beef up the CP3 or duel it, throw in some up pipes and manifolds to lower the overall drive pressure, and if you couldnt tune mid to high 600's maybe even push a 700 out of it something is wrong. My finidings on the 4094 have been interesting so far, now no I have not driven one yet but I will when I get my a$$ out of the desert on my next leave home.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I agree, just seems like alot of guys shy away from that charger? When I was in line to get one I had a few members PM me and say they were unhappy with it, probably were tuning issues but I was just wondering what hindered that charger. Thanks for the info, yes 575ish is respectable from a 68mm on a bone stock motor.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
My cousin has identical truck to mine but a non-billet 4094vvt and Nick's tuning. Just made 587 hp on a superflow, same dyno my stock charger makes 534hp. I drove the truck and i didn't think it was laggy. Thats exactly what im afraid of, being laggy. He has everything i do plus rick's manifolds. Truck runs great. I just wanted other opinions from more people. The billett wheel has to help a bunch?