3500HD Receiver

iceman5

Jan 19, 2016
Lititz, PA
I'm hoping someone can save me a trip to the dealer to take some measurements.

Can someone tell me the size of the opening on your factory bumper receiver? I've got a new Denali 3500HD on order and I want to make sure that my equalizer hitch will work in the new truck or if I need to get something different.

Thanks

iceman5

Jan 19, 2016
Lititz, PA
Thanks ... I'll have to measure my hitch. Something tells me that my F350 only had a 2" receiver.

I also heard or read somewhere that GM sends a sleeve so that you can use a 2" hitch in the receiver. Is this true?

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
:D
My buddies 15 Denali didn't come w/the adapter,he had to buy one but I'm not sure I care for it too much cuz of the slop that it's got....

Really? My friend and his dad has both bought new trucks this year and theirs came with them, they may have paid for them with the truck but they never mentioned that, because tony hauled my truck to get the trans done and we talked about the bigger hitch compared to mine and the adapter he hated because of the slop, he welded his to his 2" hitch.

new york lly

I really do care!!
Feb 8, 2014
Buffalo NY
:D

Really? My friend and his dad has both bought new trucks this year and theirs came with them, they may have paid for them with the truck but they never mentioned that, because tony hauled my truck to get the trans done and we talked about the bigger hitch compared to mine and the adapter he hated because of the slop, he welded his to his 2" hitch.

Maybe I'll suggest welding the hitch to him...I really don't understand the options on these trucks the truck appears to have every option inc sunroof & a/c in the seats but doesn't have tow mirrors.Another guy we know has the same truck w/tow mirrors that have the LED marker/turn on them...just not a big fan of those small mirrors on that truck...they just look out of place

iceman5

Jan 19, 2016
Lititz, PA
Thanks for all the information. I'll see if I can get a 2.5" adjustable shank from equalizer. I'm a little concerned about the slop experienced with the adaptor.

My 2007 is long gone, the adapter is now a marker, pen holder on top of my small rolling toolbox..:woott:

Well it will come with one unless you buy mikes old truck.

You guys kill me! For what I'm spending on this truck it better have the adaptor!

1down

Mar 27, 2017
New Mexico
I got an adapter at Autozone. Cost was under $14. Saved me a trip from Pueble to Colorado Springs and back on my way to New Mexico when I picked up a bumper pull.

FFPM73

Firefighter/Paramedic
Apr 2, 2017
Burlington, KY
My father in law just got his 2017 3500 dually. It's a 2 1/2 receiver but you'll get a sleeve (in glovebox) to put in and make it a 2 inch.

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
You might know that the 'adapter' is just a piece of 2 1/2 (OD) tubing, and depending on the wall thickness, you may have some slop. It will have a hole drilled through it for the hitch pin. I made my own from leftovers from another project.