320psi rail pressure

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
little lost right now. i have 320 to 340 cranking rail pressure. The truck was running fine and was holding 22kpsi when i went to splice in my lift pump truck wont start. Even with positive pressure on the system.I dont have a fuel filter under the hood and the fuel system was simplified down to 1/2 line directly to cp3. cranked injector lines there is fuel there at the end of both rails. any suggestions. btw fpr is unplugged and return rates are good.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Air in the rails somewhere. The ECM isn't seeing enough psi to fire the injectors.

No, there isn't enough rail pressure for the injectors to pop. You need at least 1200 before the injector can even open.

To the OP, are you sure you didn't get a piece of debris into the system and plug the FCA?

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
No, there isn't enough rail pressure for the injectors to pop. You need at least 1200 before the injector can even open.

To the OP, are you sure you didn't get a piece of debris into the system and plug the FCA?

there's always a possibility, at this point i mine as well change it out i have couple more in the shop.

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
there's always a possibility, at this point i mine as well change it out i have couple more in the shop.

Unhook the return line going back to the tank on the drivers side vavle cover and see if you are returning fuel with the pump running. Can't be plugged if you do

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
Any other suggestions raining all day and of course moved the truck outside when it was running. Afraid to melt in the rain by sitting on the tractor and push it back in to work on it lol.

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
Most times no you don't. Just crank it over after pumping the hand pump on the filter head like a teenage boy in the shower. It won't start right off you'll have to keep pumping it up until it gets hard to pump crank and repeat.

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
so i am getting fuel out the return but not much after about say 2 sets of 10 second cranks i am getting about 1" in a coffee cut. i am supplying plenty of fuel.