LMM: 2WD - 13.2 @ 104 first time at track

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
We have a customer with a beautiful black '08 crew cab GMC with all the options, 22s, bed rug, hard tonneau, sub and amp, navigation, DVD, sunroof and all - sorry to go on and on but it's a drool worthy truck for looks and comforts. Anyway he had us do some work on his truck while he was overseas and he got home a couple weeks ago and got to put it on the track Saturday for the first time.

He already had Banks DPF back cool duals, Banks intake, 6-gun with PDA, and a transgo Jr. in it. He ditched the 6-Gun and then we built him an SC-IV with 1056, installed an AirDog150, shimmed his FPRV, installed a 4" down-pipe back Flo~Pro that we tied into his Banks duals, and tuned it with EFI Live. It was my first LMM Race tune (based off my LBZ race tune that has gone 12.4s) that I knew would need some fine tuning but he did well.

He ran it full weight and even added a toolbox in the bed for traction and we stuck 2 of my MT ET 28x11.5 cheater slicks on the rear (pretty funny looking with 22s on the front). He only had time for a few passes but ran a best of 13.2 @ 104 with a 1.9X 60' time. Not too shabby but we want 12s at full weight so we'll be back at the track next time he comes home. He'll have bigger slicks next time. It runs really clean with just a puff off the line - you would think the Banks and DPF were still on it.

A local shop also had a dyno day so we stuck the 22s back on the rear went from the track over there. The highest hp they had had all day was a GTO with 470 or so. Mike's truck laid down 520hp and 900 something ft lbs and was still running very clean on the dyno. It was a Superflow that they said normally reads 25-30hp lower than all the dyno jets in the area but on a turbo diesel I don't know if that'd be the case since the load helped it get 32 PSI of boost during the pulls.

Can't wait for him to get back from over-seas so that I can start tweaking on his tune when the track isn't so busy. I want him to see 12s at full weight and mid 12s with some weight reduction. I'll be going over the logs of his runs and pulls and finding areas to make improvements.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
hell yea congrats. nice 60' number. 22s and slicks ftw
rockon.gif

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
With a 1.9 60' on those little 28x11.5 cheaters I can't wait to see what he can do on a bigger set of slicks and with some traction bars. He wrinked the sidewalls then as the truck leveled out, the springs unloaded the axle wrap, and boost came on hard it broke them loose. He's already launching in 2nd to prevent the 1>2 shift from breaking them loose, but I may have to make boost come on a little softer to get it to hold traction - we'll see if the bigger slicks and traction bars require it require it though.

Here are the pics from his DP garage - it looks the same since we tied the 4" Flo~Pro into his Banks duals. He ran it as it sits in these pictures and ran a 13.6 then with the cheaters on the rear he went 13.2.

Attachments

• backseat.jpg
    backseat.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 11
  • badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 11
  • bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 10
  • exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg