2017 Duramax

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
Got a compound turbo setup yet? Lol

Just a few smaller parts so far, cant do a whole lot without being able to tune them yet :( we'll have a kit put together soon though, so that they will be ready once the tuners get them cracked! have already had a few customers calling wanting to "drop the truck off for compounds" LOL sorry bud, cant do that quite yet!!! We are very excited to see what the new platform can support though! and you can bet we'll be finding the limits before long on them!

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
Yes I did have one for a test drive. I checked it out very good. I believe most will be happy in stock format. Peddle was decent, power was good, several small changes that make a difference(compared to my 13) and towed pretty decent even though it was only 4500 lbs. I ran my little test quarter mile. It would hit the speed limiter before the quarter. It would run 90 in the quarter with the 4500 lb trailer. Throaty sound with the functional hood scoop and pretty smooth vehicle. There were some nice tuning changes with the tranny and shifting. I believe the GM engineering department has been watching and checking in in the aftermarket community just a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it sure is nice no more LML dead pedal feel!

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Fwiw, there's a video floating around on facebook of a l5p vs a 2017 F-250 racing from a standstill and roll. The l5p ate it alive, at no point did it stop pulling away from what I could tell from the video.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Fwiw, there's a video floating around on facebook of a l5p vs a 2017 F-250 racing from a standstill and roll. The l5p ate it alive, at no point did it stop pulling away from what I could tell from the video.

I seen that. That's quite the power difference

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

No idea how to get a link off fb from my phone but I just searched "2017 Duramax vs Ford" and it popped up. Here is a screen shot

7d01719ce66131d8536906f06e8be4d4.jpg

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
The dead pedal feel drives me insane on the LML. I wouldnt drive one if you gave it to me, i'd trade it for a new Dodge or Ford. Both of them have much better driveability in regard to pedal response and ease of movement.

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
The dead pedal feel drives me insane on the LML. I wouldnt drive one if you gave it to me, i'd trade it for a new Dodge or Ford. Both of them have much better driveability in regard to pedal response and ease of movement.
I have an 11 LML I picked up last July and do hate the dead pedal as well. Can it not be improved with tuning? I have plans to improve its reliability next spring and am hoping tuning will fix the dead pedal. Sorry I'm new to diesels and still mostly just reading trying to learn what I can.

Sent via Google Deplorable tracking services.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I have an 11 LML I picked up last July and do hate the dead pedal as well. Can it not be improved with tuning? I have plans to improve its reliability next spring and am hoping tuning will fix the dead pedal. Sorry I'm new to diesels and still mostly just reading trying to learn what I can.

Sent via Google Deplorable tracking services.

Yes tuning will fix your dead pedal forsure! Check out the new ezlynk setup. Seems to be very user friendly

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
I had an Uber driver pick me up in a loaded 2017 powerstroke on Friday night. Was super nice in the cab obviously, but the whole way to the bar I tried to talk him into trading it for the 2017 L5P

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I had an Uber driver pick me up in a loaded 2017 powerstroke on Friday night. Was super nice in the cab obviously, but the whole way to the bar I tried to talk him into trading it for the 2017 L5P

That's my kinda uber driver. I would have made that guy come in the bar for a drink

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia

Tell me about it, I drove my friends 2013 a couple times and it felt like forever to get that thing moving and you almost had to floor it everywhere to get any response.