LBZ: 2007 LBZ *new injectors* ? FAILED AGAIN?

evan.goodlett

Apr 30, 2016
What's up guys, we'll here I am on another Friday night reading another book of threads searching on another topic that revolves around 1 issue. P0087!! KNOCK!!!WHITESMOKE!!!.excuse my attitude , but for you guys that have been riding this issue out with me I appreciate all the patients. My truck 2007 lbz 241,000 has had all new injectors all new fuel lines a lift pump added, and fuel tank completely drained wiped out and cleaned , is throwing the good old p0087 again with the knock and with a massive miss. The truck ran out standing for a week or so. I mean hit the key never hesitated to fire right up. I'm starting to wonder if this hasn't went from mechanical issues to electronic now . Balance rates all are with in spec the highest won I've got is a 3.5 but yet at 1,500 rpms she sounds like all hell is coming out of the exhaust system. Please any input would be greatly appreciated . ANYTHING. thanks guysa

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Did you buy these injectors from Oreilly's too? You need the main fuel rate to add to your balance rates to figure out which injector(s) it is, too.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Step 1, return the BWD SH!%.
Step 2, call Lincoln diesel and get some QUALITY parts.
Step 3, put it back together and quit monkeying around with it. I'll admit I tried going cheap on my 1st set of injectors, and it ended up with me having to borrow a (gagging) toyota highlander to take on my honeymoon whereas if I would have ponied up to begin with and spent the extra $600 from GM for GOOD remans(lincoln wasn't around then) to begin with, I would have had my SUBURBAN to drive on my honeymoon.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I know what its like being in a pinch and needing parts now, but sometimes its not worth it. This is one of those areas where you NEED to wait and get the good stuff.