2005 rclb build

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
It'll have the exhaust on it by the time it gets the 480. It did sound kind of cool with the open pipe and vgt turbo though.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Got an update on the body work today and some pictures. Should be getting painted tomorrow and be ready for pick up by Friday.

edesu5y5.jpg

edygyja7.jpg

dapa2ena.jpg

ebatyvug.jpg

ypa3uvyh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I got the title transferred over today and picked it up from the body shop. I don't have time to start tearing into it tonight. Truck drives pretty nice. Its a little stuff in the rear due to the 2 leafs that were added. I'll be taking them out sometime during next week and adding the lower shackles. Stack will be put on tomorrow along with a lift pump and an oil change. Interior is filthy from the body shop so ill be cleaning it all weekend. It needs some work but now that I finally have it. I can start the transformation. Here's some pics I just took. It's dark out right now but will get some better ones tomorrow.

edudadej.jpg

byra4a4u.jpg

5e6amynu.jpg

qyja6atu.jpg

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Got some more progress on it today. Despite all the snow were getting here. I was able to make it to my old shop to get some work done. Got the oil changed, center link brace installed only to find out my idler arm is loose. I'll be ordering that up sometime this week. Also got the FTE stack kit installed.

uqutu6y2.jpg

e2u7a6e4.jpg

I was going to install my lift pump but kind of ran into a problem. Where are you guys with the reg cabs mounting the pump. I had it on the frame of my crew cab. There seems to be no room to mount it inside of the frame rail anywhere. It's an AD165 pump.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Looks a metric shit ton better. Going to keep the black flares?

No, I haven't had a chance to take the fronts off yet. I also ordered the tailgate relocation. So the handle will be shaved too. Didn't think about it until I picked it up from the body shop. Next step will be removing the leafs that we're added in and then some. I'll also get my lowering shackles on. It rides pretty rough right now.

not quick

Jay
Nov 3, 2013
Middletown, Ohio
That stack, does it have the muffler inside of it?

I had the handle on the inside on another truck and hated it. Honestly if you plan on using your bed I would just paint the handle. Looked good but sucked for real use of a truck. It was a pain to get sand/gravel or to have a lot of anything in the back.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
No it doesn't have a muffler in it but I bought the 30" SS muffler/resonator from FTE also. Trucks very quiet and will just get quieter once the twins are installed.

I don't plan on hauling anything in the bed besides a sled or dirt bike so having the handle on the inside won't affect me. It'll just make the truck look cleaner. I'm the guy who buys a truck and doesn't use it as a truck :roflmao: it'll be my daily driver/weekend warrior

not quick

Jay
Nov 3, 2013
Middletown, Ohio
I said the same thing when I did mine. At the time all it hauled was dirt bikes, then that changed when I got a house. I didn't think there was that much room for a 30'' on a reg cab so that's why I asked.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I didn't think there would be room but I got it to fit with plenty of room. I'll get a pic when i get a chance. I bought a diamond eye SS 4" pipe that connects to the down pipe. Cut it down and mounted the resonator. Then used what was left on the other side of the resonator to connect to the stack. Had a little over a foot left of the original diamond eye pipe once installed.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Haven't made much progress but Iq got some stuff done. On Christmas I spent a few hours removing the 2 add a leafs and overload spring. Thinking about pulling one more spring. Waiting to see how much the lowering shackle drops it first. Also got the windows tinted on it today. 5% rear 20% sides and 35% on the windshield. It's a little lighter than I wanted but it should darken up in a few days. Once everything dries up. Should have my twin kit soon and rims should be in shortly.

emaqaje6.jpg

davase9u.jpg

3y7a5y7a.jpg

a6y6aqe9.jpg

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
It's been a while since I had some time to work on the truck. After the snow storm we got here in Michigan. I've been working nonstop keeping the plow trucks on the road. Finally got a chance to install my 2" lowering shackles and removed 1 more leaf. It now has 3 leafs and the 2" shackles. Front torsion bar bolts are pulled all the way out too. The old bushings in the leafs were destroyed so I installed some energy suspension bushings. Rims came in Monday and tires should be in by Friday. So I should have them on by the weekend. It's slowly coming along. Still waiting on my hsp twin kit but I probably won't install it until match.

9uhe5yjy.jpg

bamequva.jpg

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Looks good kent :thumb:

How does the front end right now that you removed the bolts? How much did it drop?
I've been thinking about removing mine on my dually but I don't want the front to be raked down really bad.

Yellowchevy