2 post car lift recommendations

Kuzz

Its Me
Jun 18, 2017
Florida
Hey everyone recently redid the concrete in our garage and i think its time to put a car lift in there. I prefer a two post lift and am posting to hear ur guys recommenced and preferences. I have been looking at the challenger 10,000 pound lift as it is ALI certified and 10,000 pound capacity should be enough for my truck. Let me know what you guys think, is challenger a trust worthy brand? And should 10k pound capacity be suffice. Thank you in advance also i looked around and though this would be the best place for this thread. If it is not please move it

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Also 10k will be fine. They are slightly under rated but ive had a few cclbs on a 9k lb lift with no issues. 10k is what i will be installing at home around june.

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
I have a Forward 2 post 10k lift, it is not used commercially, but it works well for everything I do, my truck weighs about 6800 iirc, lifts it fine, my friends 08 gasser ECLB has a good rock to it, but I just put a twist jack under the rest trailer hitch to keep it steady. Install was fairly easy.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
My bro and I just finished installing a 9000lb Atlas that lifts our trucks no problem. The salesman tried to give us the run around saying the 9k wouldn't lift a dmax and we had to have a 10k lb ALI certified lift. I think the ALI certificate is more for insurance purposes but for home use this was a good price and does everything we need.

Attachments

• rps20190319_105359.jpg
    rps20190319_105359.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 95

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Challenger's are very good quality lifts. I have a older Rotary 9k lift and have no problem lifting CCLB dually's.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I would never steer someone away from a high end name brand lift like rotary, I used rotary at work for years they are amazing lifts. but at the same time I'd never hesitate to buy another Atlas like I did, for home use a high end high rated lift will never get used to it's full potential so I saw that as money being wasted and could be put to better use. The only thing I won't do is buy a bendpak those lifts are pieces of shit

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved to Tool Crib. If you look in here, there's another thread on this same subject from a year or so ago.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I asked about this awhile ago, if its my money and for personal use I was going to buy the atlas 10K lift. There is a place my town that stocked them, so I would save shipping cost. My trouble with getting much bigger hoists than 10k, is that you go to duel equal length arms, which makes picking up shorter wheels difficult. With this being said I ended up with some used Mohawk hoist, which is pretty nice.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I wasn't sure how much room he has. I prefer challengers myself but I have a buddy with the one I posted and it does it's job. Atlas does make a good lift for the money too. It's all personal preference just like everything else I suppose.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
We have Bendpak in our shop. We have a 14k 2 post, 10k 2 post, and a 14k 4 post.

The 4 post is nice but we also are a commercial shop and can benefit from making money with that floor space. Also, the 4 post sucks in terms of doing the majority of jobs other than alignments/oil changes/steering work. For your situation a good 2 post style lift is ideal. I would honestly get the largest you can fit in your garage (height wise) as our smaller 2 post is much shorter and is kind of a pain on anything but a small sedan.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I’ve been using a 10k Atlas 2 post lift for two years now on my Duramax. For home use, I think it’s a great deal.