2 piece to 1 piece driveshaft.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
The pinion yolk broke and sent the rear driveshaft for a ride down the road in my 01 cc/sb ruining the drive shaft and slip yolk in the process. I was wondering if I could use the one peice driveshafts from one of the newer cc/sb.

Last edited:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
i would like to know also. im 2wd so i got a 2 piece and would rather have a 1 piece. bump

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
good to know. im ditching this 2 piece as soon as i tear it up. every time i launch i feel like something is going to fly into pieces

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Back in early 2002 when my father owned my truck, it had a two piece. He would always complain of there being some sort of slight vibration on hard acceleration in first gear. When he hooked his 5th wheel up, it would exacgerate the issue. He took it in to the dealer and they said it was the carrier bearing holding up the shafts. Instead of replacing it, they put a one piece in. So to answer your question, yes it will work.

TimAT

Aug 26, 2010
Back in the late 80"s there was an issue with a slight vibration that was tracked back to the 2 piece driveline. THe TSB that came out was instructions to "re-clock" the slip yoke 1 spline off. Seems there was a phase angle problem. Cured the 89 extended cab long bed I had at the time.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
not gonna get a 1pc for the 2wd, been through that already myself. It's too long to be ballanced. You should be able to get a 1pc no problem, check local junk yards.

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the ones that put the 1 piece D/S on have 4x4's. Putting one on a 2wd would make the D/S to long to be balanced correctly and would not be able to withstand the twisting forces of our trucks. It might work for a while. But eventually would succumb to the stresses imparted on it. You would not have this problem on a 4wd because the T-Case would take up some of the length of the D/S. Hope this helps.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Back in the late 80"s there was an issue with a slight vibration that was tracked back to the 2 piece driveline. THe TSB that came out was instructions to "re-clock" the slip yoke 1 spline off. Seems there was a phase angle problem. Cured the 89 extended cab long bed I had at the time.
I thought the slip yoke only went on one way/one position

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Pretty sure your correct Kyle. I didnt think about the 2wd v. 4wd. The transfer case makes up for the difference in length to be able to put a 1 piece under a CC/SB

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
we can put a rocketship into outter space but someone cant make a 1 piece drive shaft for a 2wd