2.8L Canyon Test Toy

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
The power won't be your issue. It's the size of the truck that could get you in trouble hauling the load. Don't have the brakes or stability you Cummins or HD truck has. Power wise they are on par with the damn 6.5 diesel from back in the day and we towed way heavier with our 93 3500 at highway speeds lol

Yep 1000% the Colorado & canyon are built to tow little 500 lb fishing boats or hual your ski gear lol. And get good mpgs

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Nice. You guys are lucky.

It will be like 4-6 months to get a diesel Colorado up here and about 50g Canadian for one with just leather, not even a full load. Ridiculous.

Also no diesel cruze up here till the end of the year.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
Nice. You guys are lucky.

It will be like 4-6 months to get a diesel Colorado up here and about 50g Canadian for one with just leather, not even a full load. Ridiculous.

Also no diesel cruze up here till the end of the year.

FYI they are in stock here in Salt Lake City, not sure how bad you get raped taking it in CANADA though ???

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
So I found some time to tow with this truck. The trailer was roughly 4K lbs & I was on the stock tune. It has plenty of torque at part throttle in the low rpm range but if you wanted to get up to highway speed fast it would need to be tuned. I wrote a tow tune for it that is very mild but really helped it get up to cruising speeds effortlessly. Made another revision that helped it out a bit more. I then had my wife drive it while I data logged it & got her opinion on it. Her daily is a Pontiac G8 Gt so she's used to throttle response & high rpm hp, both areas where these trucks are lacking stock. She asked why does it wait so long before it goes? Well the answer is low boost fueling & emissions crap don't work well together. I worked on that a bit & had a tune that worked well enough without creating any soot accumulation codes with some city & highway driving. I wanted a little more response & added a bit more fuel down low. That felt great but after a morning of running around town enjoying that it kindly asked me to continue driving while it cleaned the exhaust. I did that but soon got a reduced engine power message.
Looks like it's time to move on to the fun stuff:D

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Ok got the delete done. Until I get the exhaust in I just gutted the stock stuff.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 442

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Went back to a stock delete tune just to see what that was like. It throws a small puff & hazes a bit stock so I'm not surprised it gave me trouble when I added power down low. I installed an Edge Insight with EGT probe & drive & boost pressure sensors. Now to see how it responds to more fuel & boost.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Yeah I'm pretty excited about it for sure! I put a larger tune in & did a smokey burn out in the shop haha! It's nice to let it breathe

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Got a tune dialed in that I really like for daily driving. Quick throttle response & smooth progressive power. No lights on the dash. It's completely happy in it's current state. I increased transmission line pressure a bit and now the shifts are very quick. A had a lot of running around to do yesterday so I fueled up & reset the trip odometer to check mpg. At 211 miles I topped it off with 8.0 gallons. 26.3 mpg hand calculated.
image.jpg
Mostly highway driving at 75-80 mph

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 373

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I assume you had to do some work outside of EFILive to get the deletes working properly?

Or did you start with a deleted base file from someone else?