12.088@112mph

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Larry needs 4WD to go faster. My Lilly is not doing so bad without the drugs. But these LMMs and LBZs going so fast on stock stuff does make me wish I had gotten an LBZ. By the time I am done building my Lilly it will probably be half LBZ.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
For a couple more weeks ;)

Nice times by the way :) Hope you put some money in the piston fund

I plan on having my engine built by next year then well see who is faster :hug:

Must have been the 35deg temp drop, and 40mph tail wind we had this week J/K;). Good job! So how big is a 105 pill? How are they measured in Diesel apps.

it was 70deg. no wind. It must be head wind slowing you down.:p jk 105 is a 200 shot

Can I have some of that air for Sunday? :angel:

You will its supposed to be high 70's

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
Larry needs 4WD to go faster. My Lilly is not doing so bad without the drugs. But these LMMs and LBZs going so fast on stock stuff does make me wish I had gotten an LBZ. By the time I am done building my Lilly it will probably be half LBZ.

Yep, as i figure it, one day i'll have a completely built truck, so it will be like one of those LLZ's that are running around. LOL

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
I have made about 80 passes in the 12.5s or faster, pushing 47+ PSI of boost on all stock internals, stock head bolts and gaskets with no problems. I have also made 8 duno pulls.

Chris's LBZ has made over 30 12.4-12.5 passes and 8 dyno pulls on his LBZ with all stock internals, head bolts and gaskets.

It's all in the tuning.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I have made about 80 passes in the 12.5s or faster, pushing 47+ PSI of boost on all stock internals, stock head bolts and gaskets with no problems. I have also made 8 duno pulls.

Chris's LBZ has made over 30 12.4-12.5 passes and 8 dyno pulls on his LBZ with all stock internals, head bolts and gaskets.

It's all in the tuning.

its all in the luck of your pistons i had about 30 + passes on mine when it broke and 56k on the odometer. and drove it the same every day dont think your trucks are special your time will come. its not about if but when.

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
its all in the luck of your pistons i had about 30 + passes on mine when it broke and 56k on the odometer. and drove it the same every day dont think your trucks are special your time will come. its not about if but when.

I'm getting that feeling now, lol. Truck runs great still though :D

I'm thinking about adding a little N20 to the truck to dip into the 11's before I go to Iraq, then getting the engine built when I get back :)

To the OP: What are your times on #2 only?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
We add nitrous to yours Chris and all bets are off on how long the motor will last. 12.4 minus .7 would be pretty deep in the 11s on a stock turbo, stock CP3 and injector truck but I wouldn't expect too many passes out of it at that level.

I see you got alot closer to us with that cooler air Kat - Congrats. Now to get Chris to add an intake and down-pipe.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
12.4 minus .7 would be pretty deep in the 11s on a stock turbo, stock CP3 and injector truck but I wouldn't expect too many passes out of it at that level.

I just used my new calculator, 12.4 minus .7 = 11.7 (on paper of course), hardly "deep" into the 11s...From my experience, "deep" = 20s or 30s
;)

I see you got alot closer to Chris with that cooler air Kat - Congrats. Now to get Chris to add an intake and down-pipe.

Fixed it for ya:D

Adding anything to go faster is always a good idea, we've all done it...Just don't add 2 more full size doors:joker:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
Fixed it for ya:D

:rolleyes:Thanks, but no thanks.

We add nitrous to yours Chris and all bets are off on how long the motor will last. 12.4 minus .7 would be pretty deep in the 11s on a stock turbo, stock CP3 and injector truck but I wouldn't expect too many passes out of it at that level.

I used relative terms like "pretty" for a reason. Compared to 11.9s (or 12.08s) 11.7 is "pretty" deep in the 12s.

I see you got alot closer to us with that cooler air Kat - Congrats. Now to get Chris to add an intake and down-pipe.

Us refers to the group of us that races together all the time and the LBZ with Diesel Addiction written on every side, that I help set-up every time we race, that I tune, and that we built the transmission in. Chris is very much a part of the work done on his truck and he is and always will be the driver, but I'm sure he wasn't offended by my use of the word "us". If he stays in the area after getting out of the Corps it'll probably be the Diesel Addiction Trio. It also refers to the friendly competition that keeps us all wanting to go faster, it wasn't meant to be any kind of insult.

Hope that clears up your confusion:hug:

Adding anything to go faster is always a good idea, we've all done it...Just don't add 2 more full size doors:joker:

Don't worry we don't want the first 3 row seating Crew then Extended Cab truck.:joker: And maybe I'll get Chris to add a part or 2 under the hood to go faster - lol.

Last edited:

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.

Oh I'm not confused, Dr. Holliday's truck is undeniably fast (as I've complimented)...I know what it's like to run in the 12s, I did it in high school with my '55 Chevy...Believe it or not, it was all in the tuning...

Don't worry we don't want the first 3 row seating Crew then Extended Cab truck.:joker: And maybe I'll get US to add a part or 2 under the hood to go faster - lol.

Fixed it again Dustin lol:D
Damn I'm good with grammar:hug:

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
:rolleyes:Thanks, but no thanks.

Don't worry we don't want the first 3 row seating Crew then Extended Cab truck.:joker: And maybe I'll get Chris to add a part or 2 under the hood to go faster - lol.

I consider it a DA truck even though I'm not a co-owner of the shop... yet :angel: j/k

Dustin and Winston help get me set up to race allot I help them out allot. I'd like to thank Dustin and Winston again. If it wasn't for those 2 I would probably still be running around with a stock trans and the Edge J/A. :hug: