1/4 mile discussion and time slips post here!

murdered out

RELENTLESS
Aug 28, 2009
d town
I did let off at the end. Because I was trying to figure out launch and I was trying 2 throw some juice at it from after the 1/8 th and I heard a loud screech and shut n20 off and coasted my first run like previously said I did not launch and ran a 13 at 117 it was decent but I feel if I would have not let off it would at least been a 11.4 or 11.3 I am very pleased though and can't wait to run again! Thanks to Trent and demitri for all the help and the pestering calls:)!!

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Actually if you look at some of the others it really isn't much different. Look at RickD's and Markventling's They have relatively low mph's for the et's as well. Buck's 9.7 pass has a very low mph for the et because he blew a boot.

Marks truck is very heavy , and is about 4-5 MPH higher , Ricks truck is a stock turbo stock CP3 , Fidel's truck has Twins ( S366/S483 ) Built motor by Randy Engine , 2 stroker pumps , and 60% over sticks , 113 isnt hard to hard to hit , and 96 in the 1/8 shows it was moving pretty good .

Last edited:

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Numbers

I guess that is the question to Duramini2001 that the dyno numbers are kinda pointless. Ken at the challange Duramini had a better 60' than Matt, He had less weight, 400 hp more and only ran 1/2 a mph better. None the less if dynoing is your thing it does that well. Jeff

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
You can drop a lot of mph and not hurt your et if you dump at the end. Duramini2001, speaking of numbers what did your monster run? Also why with your HP does yours not mph higher? What was your 1/8 hitting the wall? Thanks Jeff

yeah i run two totally different set ups for the dyno and the track, im slowly working toward one day running my dyno numbers down the track, with some more time and trial i should be able to pull it off, i have had as much as 138mph before, but average between 132 and 135 on fuel, the air was really bad in denver, i stayed away from the nitrous from fear of over spinning the turbos cause of lack of air. i ran 129 on my first pass at 10.8 on fuel, and 134 on the second with one small jet @ 10.8 again, given the fact that two of the fastest diesel power truck and funny car were a full second plus off there time, i feel like my new setup should finally show some promise really soon:happy2:

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
I guess that is the question to Duramini2001 that the dyno numbers are kinda pointless. Ken at the challange Duramini had a better 60' than Matt, He had less weight, 400 hp more and only ran 1/2 a mph better. None the less if dynoing is your thing it does that well. Jeff

my truck was at 7200 pounds at diesel power according to the scale, what was mats again?? you think there pointless until i come back east and you get to line up against me!!:D again my setups are totally different for the dyno and track, the power on the dyno was never put on the track, plus during diesel power the truck was never turned up past 2550 pulse to stay alive. 6.9 @ 107 was good at that level i thought. P.s jeff everything is my thing, i try and do it all thanks for noticing:thumb:

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut

On a different note jeff, why are we talking about mats truck and mine, i have alot of respect for mat and what he has done with his truck. How about we compare whats about to come with you and I on the track!!!!!

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
:rofl::rofl: Yooooo whats up man, im coming back for the extravaganza, i trying to get max power to come as well, lets party brotha:D

Hell yeah! We have 2 rooms at the candlewood suites, only 4 of us are going, so we should have plenty of floor space.:rofl::rofl:

Are hotel is right by all the bars!

You bringing the truck? Or just coming to party?

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Not sure he uses the same setup on the strip, I would think even with the mph he makes 138+ he et would be lower. I know he has had traction issues

yeah i sure do and still trying to get it dialed in, im having a really tuff time with these twins, i agree, i thought that at 138 my e.t would have been better as well, i also hear that the sac track gives up a few mph, so i judge off every where else i go, denver 134, boise 133, redding 134, and so on, mostly all fuel minus my direct port i always use hear and there.

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Hell yeah! We have 2 rooms at the candlewood suites, only 4 of us are going, so we should have plenty of floor space.:rofl::rofl:

Are hotel is right by all the bars!

You bringing the truck? Or just coming to party?

:rofl: hell yeah man clear the floor its mine ha ha just throw one of the girls we pick up my way for a pillow and ill be set:rofl::D Yeah thats the plan, im going to race the thompson ohio run and then leave my truck down there and fly back and forth for the extravaganza:D:D:D