06 4 x 4 Front & Rear Foot Print

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Assuming both front and rear wheels are exactly the same size ,back space and all , assuming same tire size too ,how big a spacer would a person need to add to the rear to have the rear outside to outside dimension at the tires be exactly the same as the front ? Thanks in advance .

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Thank You Sir . I had heard 1 1/2 " spacers would even it out but I figured I would ask and see if anybody had actually put a tape measure to it

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
1.5" spacers on the rear evened them out with the front at stock height but have to cut the tips of the stock studs to not have them sticking out of the spacers
With 2" spacers you don't have to cut them

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I measured mine last night . I am 2" wider up front than the rear with identical wheels and tires front and rears . So 1" spacers or difference in BS would even it out .

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I would use different back spacing in the front to narrow the front end Elvis. I think that would be most beneficial given your goals and power levels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm not sure it is possible to run a 1" spacer. As has already been mentioned, the studs have to be cut on a 1.5" spacer. I just don't think there is enough room to bolt on a 1" and not enough stud to use a 1" that just slips over the studs between the wheels and hub. Maybe if you could find some longer studs.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Real wheels has wheel back spacing that will make front to rear line up. The cost is up there in the 300s per wheel I believe.

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Thought process is to run a different BS for the rear wheels to even things up . No intent on using spacers . So Shane please elaborate on what your talking about . Will evening it up promote torque steer or ?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Keeping the front in as much as possible helps eliminate torque steer more. So if you found a wheel that would fit and work with your a arms coil over and brakes that will bring the front closer to the frame I would opt for that rather than move the rear farther from the frame. Dustin at Diesel Addiction usually has those brands. Maybe not in 18s. I would look that direction.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'm not sure it is possible to run a 1" spacer. As has already been mentioned, the studs have to be cut on a 1.5" spacer. I just don't think there is enough room to bolt on a 1" and not enough stud to use a 1" that just slips over the studs between the wheels and hub. Maybe if you could find some longer studs.

I've been around some 1" before.. They work like the 1.5"-2" spacers just have to cut more of the stud off.. There's still a full nuts worth of thread holding the spacer to the hub so no worries.. Buddy has 1" and tows 15k regularly.

Fwiw I run 1.5" spacers on all my lowered trucks to make them "match" never measuerwd just by looks..