05 LLY Sleeper Build

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
You ran 11.3 quarter mile with the skid steer?

Alex
They only run 1/8 mile on the towing drag race so 11.3 in the 1/8th. Very respectable

James is correct, it is 1/8mi with a trailer and skid steer. My time was 13.13 seconds (not great that day) at a speed of 71.41mph (2nd highest of the day behind Richard Coker).

The truck has ran 11.39 ET at 126.85mph at ~8800ft DA. While not the most impressive, I'm not going to complain for my 2nd ever full power 1/4mi pass (2nd time with a tree) on 35" 4ish year old (315/75R16) BFG Mud Terrain tires. Needless to say, I'm hooked on asphalt racing vs sled pulls at this point. With the new turbo setup and the better coupling converter I think 10s should be extremely easy for this 7600lb pig.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
The truck has ran 11.39 ET at 126.85mph at ~8800ft DA. While not the most impressive, I'm not going to complain for my 2nd ever full power 1/4mi pass (2nd time with a tree) on 35" 4ish year old (315/75R16) BFG Mud Terrain tires. Needless to say, I'm hooked on asphalt racing vs sled pulls at this point. With the new turbo setup and the better coupling converter I think 10s should be extremely easy for this 7600lb pig.
[/QUOTE]
So your 126 mph trap speed and 7600 lb weight puts you at 1,000 hp at the tires, I know you said the truck made 1340 but I'm guessing the variance there would be altitude?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
7620lb @ 126.85 puts it around 1055hp to the tire according to Powerstroke Army's HP calculator (pretty accurate). 1340/2200tq is what it's corrected numbers were. The manifold density (pressure and temperature) the truck made on the dyno with nitrous is the same if not a touch lower than the manifold density the truck makes here in WI. The uncorrected number was ~1080hp the day before on a touch more nitrous than I used at the track. At the track the truck was loaded harder/made more boost than on the dyno.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Well it's time to retire the ECSB chassis I took to DPC and started my performance journey with. At this point it's gotten a little more northern weight reduction (rust) in key areas of the chassis that I think are going to pose issues.

I have now picked up a 2005 regular cab long box rolling chassis to swap 100% of my parts into. I'm also going to be putting my entire LT interior (obviously without back seat) into it making a regular cab chevy with bose/console/steering wheel controls/dual zone climate etc. Since the wife wanted to build an older truck to cruise/take trips in I figured this could be a nice holdover until that happens. Plus it stops me from buying a C5 vette so she's happy haha.

Once I get the roller I'll start a build thread. I've got no space for it now so I won't be picking it up for a few weeks.

Reactions: D_Ferrante801

D_Ferrante801

I hate everyone.
Apr 2, 2019
Well it's time to retire the ECSB chassis I took to DPC and started my performance journey with. At this point it's gotten a little more northern weight reduction (rust) in key areas of the chassis that I think are going to pose issues.

I have now picked up a 2005 regular cab long box rolling chassis to swap 100% of my parts into. I'm also going to be putting my entire LT interior (obviously without back seat) into it making a regular cab chevy with bose/console/steering wheel controls/dual zone climate etc. Since the wife wanted to build an older truck to cruise/take trips in I figured this could be a nice holdover until that happens. Plus it stops me from buying a C5 vette so she's happy haha.

Once I get the roller I'll start a build thread. I've got no space for it now so I won't be picking it up for a few weeks.

I don’t know man. A C5Z has been looking REAL appetizing lately....

But happy to see you committed to the lighter chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I don’t know man. A C5Z has been looking REAL appetizing lately....

But happy to see you committed to the lighter chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dude right? C5's (hell, doesn't even need to be a Z) are always appealing, but I'm not giving up that easy. My POS already, I believe, was fast enough at 126.85mph in the 1/4mi to easily make it onto each list (1/4mi and 1/8mi) and I'll be damned if the reg cab doesn't make it onto each list.

Last edited:
Reactions: D_Ferrante801

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Well, since the new chassis is an 05 LLY I figure I'll keep going in this thread.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, a good friend of mine and myself are in process of fabricating triples for my truck. I was initially going to run an SDP billet LBZ y-bridge and fabricate the snout piece for it. I have decided to give the Wagler street cast intake a shot and see what gains/impacts there are. Based on fluid dynamics/airflow, the Wagler should distribute the air charge much better as well as keeping a larger high-pressure volume of air ready to enter the cyclinders.

Attachments

• Wagler_Intake.jpg
    Wagler_Intake.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: RMJ_LB7

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
The wagler cast intake performs tremendously. It even holds it own against the big runner type stuff when street use and hood clearance are not issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
The wagler cast intake performs tremendously. It even holds it own against the big runner type stuff when street use and hood clearance are not issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

That's really good to hear. I figure it has to be better than an aftermarket LBZ bridge setup while still maintaining clearance and valley turbo placement.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Well, my Wagler twisted pedestal finally showed up yesterday as they've been out of stock since I placed my order. Time to start building!

Attachments

• IMG_9219.jpeg
    IMG_9219.jpeg
    417.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9225.jpeg
    IMG_9225.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9223.jpeg
    IMG_9223.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9220.jpeg
    IMG_9220.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 54

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I have that same engine stand! LOL

So triples? Whats the specs on the turbo's?

Friend of mine is doing the brunt of the fab work. We just threw this core block/core heads onto his engine stand quickly.

All of the turbos are box Borg Warner SXE units. The valley charger is a S472/87/0.90 T4 and the atmoshperics are 2x S369/74/0.88 T4.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
That's gonna be a handful to drive at full send without a set of slicks. Please post more pics.
I've got a brand new set of 16x10 ProComp aluminum wheels here for it and will be ordering 30x14 M&H cheaters once the truck is ironed out. What I mean by that is once we've verified it's got no boost leaks and everything is operating correctly then I'll get good rubber coming UNLESS it is the end of the season. No point in ordering tires that don't age well at the end of the season.

Brad is this engine going in your reg cab?

Yes it will be, project reg cab will be happening this winter. With trying to get my LB7 daily/tow rig done and this triple setup I won't have enough time to get the regular cab chassis 100% where I want it before this season starts (Viking's all around, relocate the rear shocks, fab bars/buy caltracs etc). The goal with the regular cab is to run a 01-02 front clip (already got that covered) and pull the complete interior (minus back seats) from my LLY and have a a heated leather/center console/bose/auto climate regular cab with triples and a full exhaust, can't forget about the A/C either!