LB7: 02 LB7 Audio Overhaul

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
What is your source audio? Are you sticking to CD's or are you using some sort of lossless format and keeping it all digital?

I sometimes still use CD's but I have such a wide range of taste and change from one thing to another so quick that I'll probably never get away from using Apple music through USB on my phone.

At a certain point, that source would become the bottle neck in the sound wouldn't it?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
What is your source audio? Are you sticking to CD's or are you using some sort of lossless format and keeping it all digital?

I sometimes still use CD's but I have such a wide range of taste and change from one thing to another so quick that I'll probably never get away from using Apple music through USB on my phone.

At a certain point, that source would become the bottle neck in the sound wouldn't it?

I'm going to be listening to mainly my iPhone or XM. The quality/compression on those formats isn't great. For sound quality a FLAC file or other lossless format would be ideal. There are lossless streaming apps which make this possible. The goal of the DSP is to make sure the signal (regardless of format/audio quality) is clean and adjusted well for the listening environment.

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
I'm going to be listening to mainly my iPhone or XM. The quality/compression on those formats isn't great. For sound quality a FLAC file or other lossless format would be ideal. There are lossless streaming apps which make this possible. The goal of the DSP is to make sure the signal (regardless of format/audio quality) is clean and adjusted well for the listening environment.

Interesting, I kind of missed the DSP part.

So you'll run the preout of the Audio Control D-4.800 to the sub amp?

Last edited:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Interesting, I kind of missed the DSP part.

So you'll run the preout of the Audio Control D-4.800 to the sub amp?

I'll run front and rear RCA from the headunit to the Audio Control D-4.800. I will then run an RCA cable from the D-4.800 to the LC-1.1500. I will set the gain on the LC-1.1500 like a typical amp but I will max the lowpass filter out as I will control it directly with DSP inside the D-4.800. I will not be using rear channel audio but I would like it ran in the event that I choose to. I will also be running a set of RCAs for the sub amp incase I change amps (I don't want to route wires more than I have to).

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I got 2 of the 4 subs today. I will say, these things are BEEEEFFFYYYYY! 80oz magnet is no joke.

Attachments

• IMG-7049.jpg
    IMG-7049.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG-7050.jpg
    IMG-7050.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG-7051.jpg
    IMG-7051.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG-7052.jpg
    IMG-7052.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Reactions: CDmax16

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Any updates? Just swapped my fronts from the Kicker co-ax's that the truck came with to my CDT ES Gold's and dang what a difference, even without an amp. So I'm excited about audio right now.

Really curious to see how the box turns out, especially if you're able to share it afterwards.

CDmax16

Mar 3, 2018
NNV
I have modified my plans a little, but I did get a sub box ordered from MTI Acoustics. I got a stage 1 with up firing and recessed subs. I had it finished in black carpet and picked up an emblem to figure out something cool to the front of the box. I’m hoping to have the box next week.
930CFEDA-304F-49DB-BC01-73A7F5DFDA34.jpeg

CDmax16

Mar 3, 2018
NNV
I have called the sales number a couple of times now, and I think it is his cellphone, Jim has answered every time. He does a bunch of YouTube videos for them. He was cool and they build some awesome looking boxes. I will let you guys know pretty soon how they sound.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Got the box design. He designed it to 1.82 ft3 and tuned it to 32hz. Doesn't look all that bad to make. This is designed for GMT-800 crew cab trucks.

Attachments

• 2D Rendering #1.jpg
    2D Rendering #1.jpg
    672.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2D Rendering #0.jpg
    2D Rendering #0.jpg
    669 KB · Views: 17

CDmax16

Mar 3, 2018
NNV
Does it sit vertically behind the seat or flat underneath it?
I would love to hear those 6.5’s. My buddy Rusty that owns DC Audio built a box for four of his 8” subs and I was amazed at how good it sounded. He’s got a video of it YouTube.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Does it sit vertically behind the seat or flat underneath it?
I would love to hear those 6.5’s. My buddy Rusty that owns DC Audio built a box for four of his 8” subs and I was amazed at how good it sounded. He’s got a video of it YouTube.

It sits vertically behind the seat.

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Nice! Is he building it for you, or did he just design it for your use? Is there any internal baffling?

If it's meant for you to build on your own, isn't it missing the dimensions on the face of the box?

Got the box design. He designed it to 1.82 ft3 and tuned it to 32hz. Doesn't look all that bad to make. This is designed for GMT-800 crew cab trucks.